Array

School
    Criqui BJJ

Hello from a new guy plus a question about testing

Howdy,

My name is Morgan. I have been grappling/training since I was 16 and fighting since I was 18. I have an accumulative amy and pro MMA record of 12-5. I have not had any "formal" training from anyone with a legit pedigree. I have mostly picked stuff up from friends and instructionals. I have been to a couple black belt seminars on no gi stuff but that doesn't count. I'll throw in some recent videos at the end of my latest fights slash grappling tourny so you have an idea where I'm at.

Anyways to my question, my friend and I live here in Topeka KS and would like to take on the goal of achieving a 10th planet blue belt. The problem is we live quite a ways from the schools in Nebraska and Springfield MO to make regularly attending something possible. So what can we do? On the old site I thought I saw something on there about online testing consisting of a continuous video with x number of moves; sweeps, escapes and submissions plus footage of you getting Ws in competition and being able to get rank that way. Am I remembering that correctly? If I'm not my bad.

Thanks for your time reading this and huge thanks if you reply,

Morgan

P.S. here some footage of my pasty butt in action

Here is a tourny from the 20th of this month

http://www.youtube.com/user/no1snots.../0/-S77Twnunzc

My last fight from September 11th of this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMw7gHMY9Tg

My second to last fight from August the 27th of this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpOeQ...eature=related

My third to last fight from June 25th of this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11YVlWne9r4

I welcome constructive criticism

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Watched your last fight, Great Job! Your stand up looks good (fluid, not stiff, or pushed) Ground work was fair, but if your opp knew any of the system, you would have put yourself in a twister... Other than that, that is how it is done!!! Minimal damage, dictating the pace and where the fight takes place (octagon control). Keep up the hard work and easy wins

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    yea morgan your right, you'll need to post videos of your self doing techniques and send them in to be evaluated. also try to get to your closest school and let a certified instructor look at your game, trust me it will make you better and he will be able to tell you what to work on. this system has a lot of tricks that are hard to pick up if you don't work with someone who knows them. make that pilgrimage to nebraska and it will be worth it I guarantee it. good luck

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    you sound like me, lmao.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Welcome brotha. I think you have a similar strategy to me, although I could be wrong. I kick a lot, cup kicks and head kicks, basically begging them to take me down. It's nice to see a natural. Skies the limit man. Keep pushing. If only I was 10 years younger lol.

^^^ what he said lol

Array

School
    Team X-T1
    I agree with Einstein lol one of my coaches has 3 black Belts and told me the same thing, and that it is about the knowledge and enjoying your training....

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet
    Keep doing competitions and try to execute the rubber guard /10thP techniques as much as possible, I'm guessing the more u do that and show the community you'll eventually get the recognition your looking for.