Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Fusion MMA Elgin IL, Pedro Sauer affiliate

Baseball bat control and the lotus

Quick question. Watching MTS trying to improve my twister game and saw the switch to lotus while in baseball bat, I had been keeping the lockdown or even figure four there. What advantages are there for lotus and should it completely keep the guy from getting a butter fly hook when done right? I've been testing it out and some guys can't get near a butterfly hook, some do easy, is there anything specific I might be doing wrong I should look at?

Also what do you guys think of stuffing the arm down? My instructor gets to baseball bat and trips people up by stuffing the arm down and hopping his body over it because he has trouble getting it behind his head the normal transition due to shoulder issues.

Thanks again all.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Lotus in baseball bat is best because your opponent can't break open your legs because they are already broke open
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Lotus in baseball bat is best because your opponent can't break open your legs because they are already broke open
    Oh snap reply from the man himself. Eddie if they get a butterfly hook in there do I just kick out wide and reset or does it matter if that second leg is in? I had been just keeping the lockdown and when the guy would start to break the legs I'd kick out wide and reset it. I love the new path there, that shoulder clinch is gold. Thanks man look forward to seeing ya at the Chicago seminar.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I am a fan of the switch to lotus there. Not sure on getting to shoulder clinch yet, still working on that.

Array

School
    Im just starting to play with that switch to lotus, kinda just looking for tips on fighting the butterfly hook from baseball bat and in the truck in general. Some guys I get lotus they can't even get a butterfly hook. Going to try to play with it more this week. That shoulder clinch is gold, can tighten everything up and really establish there, really digging that.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by BradEdmondson View Post
    Oh snap reply from the man himself.
    Yea that's what I thought too. Basically anything anybody says is not gonna hold as much water on these forums hurr

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    Quote Originally Posted by BradEdmondson View Post
    Im just starting to play with that switch to lotus, kinda just looking for tips on fighting the butterfly hook from baseball bat and in the truck in general. Some guys I get lotus they can't even get a butterfly hook. Going to try to play with it more this week. That shoulder clinch is gold, can tighten everything up and really establish there, really digging that.
    If you put the lotus on, they have a tough time putting a butterfly hook in, especially if you really cinch your legs together like a lotus clinch with your legs.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Roux View Post
    If you put the lotus on, they have a tough time putting a butterfly hook in, especially if you really cinch your legs together like a lotus clinch with your legs.
    Thanks, yeah I'm still playing around with it but it's not there yet. Does the leg have to go completely to the floor to have it right usually? I'm still kinda trouble shooting it, some guys it's just no way they get a hook in, some others seem to be able to move the leg and they're right there.

Array

School
    Fight Club Masakatsu Izegem
    When you put the lotus on, pull you feet as close to your ass as you can, this will make it harder for them to reach it with their butterfly. Also in the lotus, push your knees to the ground as good as you can, that'll pin their far leg and hip to the ground.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo Lagrange View Post
    When you put the lotus on, pull you feet as close to your ass as you can, this will make it harder for them to reach it with their butterfly. Also in the lotus, push your knees to the ground as good as you can, that'll pin their far leg and hip to the ground.
    Thanks man, I'm thinking I just don't have the position down, could be I don't have the mobility to quite get it right yet, can't get to full lotus just yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast