Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    Do it Bro - we train most days if its 10p Classes Wed is the advanced class but we have MTS class Tues, Warm ups Thurs, Sat fundamentals, We are the BANG Muay Thai affiliate too so bring you gear if you fancy a little sparring.

www.10thplanetbirmingham.co.uk

Array

School
    Warrior Way (Caique)
    If you walk away from them with your legs most escapes get easier The only one that gets harder (that I use) when you walk away from them is if you are trying to sneak a hook in on them with your far leg, but I usually try that one if they follow me and take away the angle I am trying to create.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    Karo Parisyan showed me his favorite escape from Judo Side Control. It's the standard bridge and roll but with a twist. Most people leave their trapped arm high, so it goes underneath the armpit. Karo brings that arm down low to the obliques and then gable grips and squeezes hard. That makes the person on top brace for a second, and that allows you to bridge and roll easier.

It's a good trick.

Array

School
    10th Planet Altoona
    I've had the same problem with some catch wrestling guys before. I would use my flexibility to throw my far leg over the head to create some space so I can shrimp back and regain guard or just back up like in the warm ups. Either way I feel your pain those pro MMA guys have debilitating strength.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by scottross View Post
    Karo Parisyan showed me his favorite escape from Judo Side Control. It's the standard bridge and roll but with a twist. Most people leave their trapped arm high, so it goes underneath the armpit. Karo brings that arm down low to the obliques and then gable grips and squeezes hard. That makes the person on top brace for a second, and that allows you to bridge and roll easier.

It's a good trick.
    Thanks Scott

that makes good sense - I had no problem getting my arms back but it seemed where ever I turned he had a set up - after watching the Zerhog vid a 100 times I think I know where the subs are I think I can use this technique in the transition - I figured it will be an invisible jiu jitsu type thing as like Danny said the pro mma guys have ridiculous core strength.... lets hear it for no GNP haha

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    like this stuff Zog shows?

Yes! That twister he mentions is actually my go to right now. In judo, I use it to take the back, or sweep, but at the 10P gym, I work the sub into the escape

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by William Schrimsher View Post
    Yes! That twister he mentions is actually my go to right now. In judo, I use it to take the back, or sweep, but at the 10P gym, I work the sub into the escape
    Sloppy Judo Side Control with a high knee/open leg leaves the Judo Twister wide open, it is one of the first things I try for. I also try the Marcelo Sit-up Escape.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Not even sloppy. I turn my hips over, like I'm trying to muscle my way up to a dogfight, and then settle back in, feeding my bottom leg under their top leg, then reverse grapevine.

Array

School
    The Karo Parisyan tip worked a treat there was still a scramble afterwards but I wasn't in danger - I will give the judo Twister a try as the top leg was very open to the hook - Thanks Fellas

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    Head position theory and spine alignment theory. By hook or crook you can't let him get cross body on you when he is on top.
    My real name is Bob Ritter and that is Mighty Mouse with me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast