Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk

Judo Side Control

Hi all,

wondering if anyone can help, Rolling with a pro MMA guy last night and he kept putting me in Judo SC then stepping over my head with the top leg, as I started to defend he would bait me into a kimora or force the head and arm - he had a good few kilo on me but was wondering if anyone has dealt with this kinda game?

Thanks

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Sorry, what's Judo Side Control? Kesa gatame? If so and he has that near arm, you're in deep doo doo. Clarify a bit as I train judo, too, and can help.

Array

School
    well its weird because I had both my arms and he was letting me go under his leg with my hands and he would switch to arm tri or he was baiting me to push the leg off my head and getting the Americana grrrr

Judo side would be a side control facing my head with the far side under hook and the the top leg posted up for base and pressure, could be Kesa gatame ha

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Being a judo player, I really like judo side, but while it can a very controlling position, it needs to be a fluid position, easily transitioning between judo side, twister side, and basic side...

if the guy is not doing that, and staying static, I have a multitude of options, entangling the leg with a grapevine, or reverse grapevine, hooking the arm with my foot and sweeping, shrimping in and slipping up to my knees and taking the back... if someone tries to pull my head off with Kesa gatame, I immediately look for one of those options.

don't know if any of those make sense without accompanying video.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    like this stuff Zog shows?

Array

School
    amazing thanks guys... I'm sure some sort of B-Smith type sweep will be there too, problem the guys is a beast haha

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai
    I love this kind of top game... I have just started working on the step over... Ralf plays this kind of top with serious pressure as well.

Here is another great sequence from Josh Robinson... I dig the catch and 10p mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efox3xBLk50

As for defending against this kind of game... keep the arms tight... watch out for D'arces... try to get your hips away and then latch onto something with your legs... be unstable and strategically frame and bridge when you can

Happy training fellas

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai

Array

School
    I had a feeling the answer would come from the legs, After watching these vids I'm defo gonna start playing with this!!

thanks again lads

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai
    I've been thinking about a trip over the UK some time man, when do you guys have classes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast