Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    What's the basic gist of the head/spine alignment theory? (I'm genuinely curious)

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I think he's saying don't let the person pinning you maintain a 90 deg angle, but walk your feet up or down until your head and spine are aligned with their head and spine, making the roll over easier.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    to be honest the head spine alignment thing is helping using Scott Ross's advice - I am finding his poor base is making it easier to create the space needed - more often than not ending with baby wipe (double unders) which I have started using to get to the truck (not on the pro guy though haha)

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I don't think anyone mentioned this, but there's a good movement you can use when you're underneath. Frame, but keep your arms in and you bridge and kinda shake/shimmy their hips down to yours. Once your hips are under theirs you again bridge and roll them towards their under hook side. They should flip over or you should at least be able to sit up enough to shrimp away. Also, just work on using structures period. It will really help your movement in bad positions. If you don't know what I'm talking about talk to Sean Applegate or Brandon McCaghren.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    Also, just work on using structures period. It will really help your movement in bad positions. If you don't know what I'm talking about talk to Sean Applegate or Brandon McCaghren.
    Brandon's seminar on frames and structure at the East Coast Camp changed my bottom game big time.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Me too. He had already shown me some ideas about a month before and Sean had been teaching us the idea of structures. Man, it is so much harder to pass my guard, also I love that I have an elbow/forearm just irritating you the whole time you try pass my guard. It really helped me at my last tournament and I feel really confident about this pro tournament coming up in February with a lot of higher ranked women because of the structure idea and if course the leglock game. Sean taught the basics of that at the camp as well.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I think I'm talking about the Florida training camp. Are you talking about the same one?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    I think I'm talking about the Florida training camp. Are you talking about the same one?
    Nope. East Coast Camp at Rochester, but I heard it was the same theories.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    Combat Submission Wrestling & College Park MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by William Schrimsher View Post
    I think he's saying don't let the person pinning you maintain a 90 deg angle, but walk your feet up or down until your head and spine are aligned with their head and spine, making the roll over easier.
    I agree. Nothing will work if your body is twisted up like a piece or rotisserie chicken.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    thanks all - I rolled with the same guy Monday night and escaped every single time - ending up on the back due to the nature of the scramble.

Mick Broster showed us some great framing techniques from full mount, its has totally opened my eyes to how important it is - I was a sucker for pushing on the knee and giving up my arm in process. If you haven't done so read Scott Ross's response on this thread its working every time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123