Rubber Guard Help

Hey guys,

I have been really focusing on the rubber guard basics a lot lately. I need some help double baggin though. One of the main paths I have been working on is Mission Control > Crackhead Control > Invisible Crackhead > Invisible Croc. I have this down fairly well. However, an area I am having trouble with is when the arm is not inside for invisible croc and I try to go to the sorcerer, I cant reach my foot for the double bagger. I feel like to bring my rubber guard to the next level, I probably should learn how to double bag. Are my legs just to short to double bag, or am I doing something wrong? I would appreciate any help you guys could offer.

Array

School
    na
    A. Make a video
    B.muddy waters
    C. Dead orchard

Quote Originally Posted by bennett View Post
    A. Make a video
    B.muddy waters
    C. Dead orchard
    I can't reach on muddy waters either... Anything double bagged I can reach, or it takes me a long time to reach.. and I can only reach a toe in which case they can power out of it.

Array

School
    Fusion MMA Elgin IL, Pedro Sauer affiliate
    Try getting an angle and getting on your hip a little, could also be you need a higher guard. If you're reaching a toe should get easier the more you do it though

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    How is your flexibility? How easy is full lotus for you? I've heard Eddie say that he could only get a toe at first, but as his flexibility increased his double bag got better.

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin Ireland/ Pedro Bessa ballincollig
    was rolling with a massive chap earlier. not a hope of getting to rubber guard. very sad.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    I too am a victim of what I call 'troll legs' - I find going to crackhead or invisible crackhead, then take a high double bagger to invisible collar

Mojoplata

Quote Originally Posted by Keith D View Post
    I can't reach on muddy waters either... Anything double bagged I can reach, or it takes me a long time to reach.. and I can only reach a toe in which case they can power out of it.
    You need a certain amount of either flexibilty or length in your legs to double bag. If you scoot back as far as you can in rubber guard it makes it much easier to grab the double bag. Sometimes I can't reach my foot, in those situations I usually don't have my opponent broken down enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    How is your flexibility? How easy is full lotus for you? I've heard Eddie say that he could only get a toe at first, but as his flexibility increased his double bag got better.
    My flexibility is decent. Full Lotus is easy. Cant do it with no hands yet, but once I get to position, its easy to hold. I can get full butterfly with my head down to the ground. I can get into Crackhead control/invisible collar extremely easily its just that when I go to double bag I can only reach my toes.

Quote Originally Posted by BradEdmondson View Post
    Try getting an angle and getting on your hip a little, could also be you need a higher guard. If you're reaching a toe should get easier the more you do it though
    Thanks man,

I am reaching my toe on a regular basis.. Maybe getting more of an angle will help I will give that a try.