Array

School
    RMNU

Palm strike grip break from spiderweb

You guys use this? Is this one of those grey area strikes that is cool among BJJ community like donkey kick out of 1/4 guard?

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Palm strike to the face or nuts? Remind me to wear a thai cup and a motorcycle helmet when rolling with you.

j/k, I think different people have different feelings on it. I'd just ask, mid roll even. Some people use the palm to cover the nose and mouth while having the opponent's back. Legal? Yes. And I wont' bitch if someone does it to me, but I've heard people saying it's disrespectful. I think just asking is the best way to go.

Oh another one is the Douchebag arm bar defense break. It works, hands down, although I've even heard a brown belt complain about it saying, "if someone does that to me, they better expect my toes in their mouth when I get the arm bar on them." Just ask.

I've always thought the palm strike to the elbow when they're defending with the rnc grip is fair game and not a dick move at all.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    If I was going to reach that far over, I'd rather grab the elbow and pull it in. Personally I don't like to slack up on an armbar like that once I got it locked up, feels like giving them space.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Lovato's instructors teach this as a standard grip break from spiderweb.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    i did douchbag in competion and the ref told me to move my foot or whatever, the other guy complained too while i was doing it and their coach too.. but it wasnt ibjjf it was SAU so... maybe that's why, maybe the refs r not as legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    Palm strike to the face or nuts? Remind me to wear a thai cup and a motorcycle helmet when rolling with you.

j/k, I think different people have different feelings on it. I'd just ask, mid roll even. Some people use the palm to cover the nose and mouth while having the opponent's back. Legal? Yes. And I wont' bitch if someone does it to me, but I've heard people saying it's disrespectful. I think just asking is the best way to go.

Oh another one is the Douchebag arm bar defense break. It works, hands down, although I've even heard a brown belt complain about it saying, "if someone does that to me, they better expect my toes in their mouth when I get the arm bar on them." Just ask.