Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    KHK MMA

Caio Terra's Baratoplata at World's Final

Hello 10p family,

Last Sunday I got astonished with the quickness and precision of Caio Terra's "Baratoplata" submission on the IBJJF World's final match against Yusuke Honma.

I came across this nice video, demonstrating how he set it up, including some remarks from Caio himself:

I wasn't able to find the video of the full match yet, though. If someone happens to find it, could you please post it here? Thanks!

The barataplata needs to be a move people learn within their first month of jiu jitsu or whenever they learn the kimura from guard. It doesn't even require that you get their hands to the mat. It's right there almost anytime you have closed guard yet barely no one ever does it besides Caio and Barata himself.

Array

School
    KHK MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    The barataplata needs to be a move people learn within their first month of jiu jitsu or whenever they learn the kimura from guard. It doesn't even require that you get their hands to the mat. It's right there almost anytime you have closed guard yet barely no one ever does it besides Caio and Barata himself.
    Indeed, I don't see many people using it. But Caio's speed and precision to execute it, and on such a high level match, was very impressive for me.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Amsterdam View Post
    Indeed, I don't see many people using it. But Caio's speed and precision to execute it, and on such a high level match, was very impressive for me.
    We got one baratoplata in the book..

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    So sick, man. Really impressive stuff.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Yea Caio was impressive at worlds. Him and Osvaldo really showed me the levels a good Z-guard can get to. Caio's Z-guard is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Do you find it reliably from closed guard? I can't say I've spent a ton of time developing a barato game from closed guard, but anytime I've tried it I haven't found success. The natural first reaction when I go to release my leg and swing around is for them to put their forearm into it and either stand up or press the leg down to pass. It's hard to cleanly get your leg to the other side of their head without their arm getting in the way. I know about the Duda setup too, just haven't had success.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I'm with Ben on this one. I've played with this a ton and have found it to be very low success rate. I usually just use it to set up an easy arm drag to the back or if they posture to straighten their arm out I change to Kimura sweep.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Gracie mag? I'm surprised they didn't say that the other guy dominated.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Aren't biceps slicers legal at black belt? I've hit one barataplata, but I feel that the duda (I think that's what it's called) is more consistent. Barataplata is more like a back up if slicers are illegal.

Array

School
    KHK MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    I'm with Ben on this one. I've played with this a ton and have found it to be very low success rate. I usually just use it to set up an easy arm drag to the back or if they posture to straighten their arm out I change to Kimura sweep.
    I am on the same page with Ben Eddy and VJ, I have low success with Baratoplata (or Duda). These are not really my go-to moves, but after seeing Caio getting this submission in the final with less than 1minute, it motivated me to start working on this and put some reps in (money in the bank!). Caio pulled half guard to set it up, and his speed made all the difference... proficiency right there!

I am yet to find the video of the full match (it should almost fit in Instagram, it may have lasted 30s?). Do you guys know about any BJJ content provider that stores and sells IBJJF matches as PPV?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast