Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu

Electric Chair for silver at Worlds

. Got electric chair for silver at NoGi Worlds. Had the gold won but didn't know commands and let go of a kimura because I thought the ref called the fight when he was actually giving a penalty point to my opponent for grabbing his rash guard in defence. I was gun shy on submission because I popped this guys knee bad in the chair, heard it pop felt it pop and he screamed so I was worried about hurting guys shoulder bad. Lesson learned is know al ibjjf commands and don't let go of move/position.

I want to say thank you to Slick Rick that came up to Sacramento and helped me prepare and to Jason Fray at Walnut Creek 10P for preparing me as well. And of course to everyone at Infinite Jiu Jitsu for helping and supporting me! Also thank you to Eddie Bravo for having so much info on here for only $5!!!! I learn so much from this amazing site!!!!!

Happy to rep 10P as a Ronin and even threw up the sign in the podium pics... Can't wait to go for gold next year with all the knowledge I got this year!

If anyone knows how to pull video from the flo site please let me know and I will post match.....

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai
    Knee pop in electric chair?

I've never heard of that happening. Were you cranking hard and putting rotational pressure on the knee joint? Or doing a combined electric Chair Knee bar or something else? You would think it would be the groin muscles that would get pulled...

Congrats man

Tyler

Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu
    It was the lockdown leg and he was trying to twist it out as I was bringing him up.

Thank you!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Gang Star
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Electric Chair can definitely injure the knee. I've seen more blown knees from Electric Chairs than Rubber Guard, Reaping the Knee, and Heel Hooks combined.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu
    Thank you BMac!

Array

School
    KMA Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Casselman View Post
    Knee pop in electric chair?

I've never heard of that happening. Were you cranking hard and putting rotational pressure on the knee joint? Or doing a combined electric Chair Knee bar or something else? You would think it would be the groin muscles that would get pulled...

Congrats man

Tyler
    I've popped like 3 or 4 knees from electric chairs. While reviewing my past videos, I realized they're getting popped when the opponent faces away from you and base, then move away from you while executing the electric chair sub.

Awesome job Scott!

Most injuries that I have seen around electric chairs involve the guy trying to base their way out of it and not respecting the lockdown, sounds similar to your case.

Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu
    Thank you Alex, and thank you for all the help this year!