Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai

Dropping in Portland (and maybe SF)

Some questions on Portland, I don't see a listed mat fee and which morning class between Thursday and Friday would be recommended? Also, because of my libations any recommendations on good local breweries close by? (I'm already going to the holiday ale fest, I just got an addiction ok lol)

I'm also hoping to drop in at 10P SF a little bit sooner. On Thursday is the class usually an hour or does it run long? I'm also coming back from an lcl sprain so I'm a bit worried about the curriculum being taught and whether I can drill. (This would be next Thursday)

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Ill be teaching class at 10am on Thursday and 8pm Thursday night. Also noon on Friday. It would be great to have you in. Our drop in fee is more than fair. Just come in and we will figure it out. (:
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Portland Moon Head/Instructor
    My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/monzon421
    Use the discount code DEADORCHARD at Phalanxfc.com to get %15 off any purchase.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Cool, it'll probably be the Friday because I'm gonna be a hungover mother fucker that week. First week of December.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    One tip about SF: if you're going to do back to back classes, bring 2 rash guards. It's policy and you'll thank me later.

Also, don't chill on the sidelines making eye contact with people trying to roll with them & shit. Especially the professor.

I distinctly recall Denny not being fond of that.
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 11-15-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    One tip about SF: if you're going to do back to back classes, bring 2 rash guards. It's policy and you'll thank me later.

Also, don't chill on the sidelines making eye contact with people trying to roll with them & shit. Especially the professor.

I distinctly recall Denny not being fond of that.
    lol, I remember that day.

Good advice on the 2 rashguards. Feel free to come through Walnut Creek if you are around!

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I'll be in tenderloin, so a little far from walnut creek. What's the story of the eye contact?

I'll honestly probably just give my knee another week and not risk it this week. I aggravated it after the initial sprain by going to truck so I don't want to show up and not be able to drill the truck or rubber guard

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I'll be in tenderloin, so a little far from walnut creek. What's the story of the eye contact?

I'll honestly probably just give my knee another week and not risk it this week. I aggravated it after the initial sprain by going to truck so I don't want to show up and not be able to drill the truck or rubber guard
    Just come by anyway. I'm pretty sure Denny doesn't charge 10P heads.

And I also want to know about the eye contact thing. I don't mind some looks.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Damn alright so it isn't the type of thing that'd make headlines. But Denny, being the gracious host that he is, let me drop in for a beginners class. My first transgression was not bringing a second rashguard for the next class. Later, y'know, hoping to train with the man having traveled all that way, I acted in a hyperbolic, overtly obvious manner by hounding him for a roll basically. The eye contact thing is pretty universal in jiu jitsu, but I acted out of place going to someone's school and basically, like I said, hounding him on the sidelines. It simply...didn't come off right. Needy, perhaps. Just not a cool thing to do. Looking back, maybe I wasn't in a clear state of mind but one could understand how it'd come off as obnoxious to many. We did end up rolling, and he did layeth the smackdown on my candy ass, but it was addressed. Lesson learned. Go with the flow, sorta thing. So yeah that's about it. I did a misstep but hopefully now know better. Hopefully.

I mean it's one thing to wanna roll with someone. It's another thing completely to go sit three feet from their roll and wait for the end of their roll like a deer in headlights. Some people might not mind, but overall I've found its generally not an attractive quality to hang onto.
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 11-16-2015 at 09:41 PM.