SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT

Holly Holm just KO'd Rhonda with a head kick in the second round! Here's a clip, get it while it's still available

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    I was completely wrong about this fight. Based on Holly's previous fight I thought this was no contest. It was, but not the way I anticipated. Awesome fight to watch.

I thought Holly had a perfect gameplan. I also thought that Holly being southpaw really screwed Ronda up. Ronda ate those left hands the entire fight.

Array

School
    Combat Submission Wrestling & College Park MMA
    I loved it! I got to see Joanna J defende her title and Rousey got exposed.

Array

School
    Farmington MO/ Ronin
    Damn that fight was hard to watch! The sad part is that Rousey understood how Holm was gonna fight her but she still played into Holm's game plan. I'm sure Rhonda's judo and jiu jitsu would have been better if she didn't eat all those punches, obviously. That part when Rhonda started to go for the swim move i was like "Oh thank god", but when i saw the way her leg was trapped i hoped she would have been able to go for the back instead. I'm sure she'll get a rematch if she want's it but i heard her jaw was broken and would have to be wired shut for 2 months. I know Rhonda wanted to take time off after this fight but im sure this wasn't what she had in mind.

Good job to Holm tho, like Rogan said, she fought a perfect fight, which so far is the only proven way to defeat Rhonda. She sure didn't make it easy for Rhonda to close the distance like most of Rhonda's other opponents. I think they both have holes in their game and they are gonna need to catch up with each other. I think Rhonda should spend some time with someone like Demetrious Johnson. Maybe next time she could put the shoe on the other foot and make Holm chase her around until Holm is the one who gets frustrated and gets sloppy. Idk, but i hope to see Rousey come back and having learned alot from this experience.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by rdouglas View Post
    but i heard her jaw was broken and would have to be wired shut for 2 months.
    Apparently that is just rumor.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I would have never thought she was going to go with the ol bum rush. I thought she was going to dive on legs and do everything possible to make it a grappling match. I actully said ROnda could beat Floyd Mayweather! Apparently I know nothing about combat sports.

How about that game plan from Rondas terrific coach!

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    I know nothing about combat sports.
    Don't worry you're in good company. Vegas had Ronda at -1200 when I looked. Contrary to what many people believe Vegas does not set odds based on who they think will win. They set odds so that half of the bets are on one side, and half are on the other. That means everyone thought Rousey would win and to compensate Vegas had to shift the odds dramatically so that you had to bet $12 to win $1 if you bet on Rousey. In that way they spread the action across the bet and are assured that no matter who wins the fight, Vegas makes it's Vig.

Everyone in the world thought Rousey would win, except BMac who suggested otherwise on Twitter just before the fight

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    I am literally dying with all the gifs and memes on this right now.

Great job by Holy, that was amazing!

Mojoplata

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Everyone in the world thought Rousey would win, except BMac who suggested otherwise on Twitter just before the fight

image.jpg

Mojoplata

I've been on the Holly Train since day 1