Array

School
    Carlson Gracie London

Options from bottom halfguard (with or without lockdown) if you cant get underhooks

Hey guys,

Hope this makes sense So the problem i have with this one person i roll with is that when they are in my half guard is that he is fully aware that i am going to go for the deep underhook on the same side as his leg that i have in my half guard so obviously fights to make sure i dont get the underhook and tries to get his own outside underhook.

So we basically end up in a scramble for underhooks with neither of us actually getting a underhook.

My question is what are my options from half guard if i cant get my underhook? Can i do any sweeps/transitions without the underhook?

Thanks in advance and again i hope this made sense.

Feel free to ask more questions for clarification.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Either jaws of life to get your underhooks, whip down to get the underhook, or take the overhook and stomp/superstomp to cocoon.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Yah, cocoon is my first thought too. And if they're underhooking, the odds are the hand is already to the mat so if you like playing rubber guard, you can work straight into NY from cocoon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Yah, cocoon is my first thought too. And if they're underhooking, the odds are the hand is already to the mat so if you like playing rubber guard, you can work straight into NY from cocoon.
    That's my primary flow. If I am not feeling rubber guard then I will whip down to get the underhook and start the electric chair sequence.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Watch the latest video in technique. Turn on to your side into quarter guard, use you thigh/knee of the leg on top to bump hiss ass forward while moving your elbows up from underneath (like underhook) into a dogfight and continue from there. Hope this helps

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    If they're really clamping me down, I like to get my knee in for 93 guard so I can make space

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast
    Shrimp escape to full guard

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Stomps all day long if he gets the underhook, but it sounds like you're stuck in a halway t'rex postion. Omaha Whip sounds like your best bet.