Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Skaff, you're one of the most high level grapplers I've ever rolled with. It would have been a problem for him if he'd have engaged you. He probably felt that tension right away.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Great effort Matt, we have to train again soon buddy. Sorry that the guy channeled the spirit of Brendan Schaub.

The frustrating thing is why even sign up? That event was one of the most fun events I've watched in a long time from start to finish, and out of 2 16 man brackets that one guy just Schaub'd up the whole thing. I can even understand going in with a more defensive/counter attack strategy, but that guy completely ran the whole time. I don't know if his 2nd match is on youtube or not but he got obliterated pretty fast thankfully. He lost his next match quickly if I remember right.

Array

School
    Tenth Planet Decatur
    Haha yea it was very bizarre because I have seen his other matches and he didn't compete like that. But mike Padilla footlocked him pretty quick in the next round. There needs to be some type of card system or penalty that stops competitors from stalling. But I think at the end of the day the only thing that can be done is to not invite those guys back.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skaff View Post
    Haha yea it was very bizarre because I have seen his other matches and he didn't compete like that. But mike Padilla footlocked him pretty quick in the next round. There needs to be some type of card system or penalty that stops competitors from stalling. But I think at the end of the day the only thing that can be done is to not invite those guys back.
    I think not inviting them back sends the strongest statement. Again I think you were part of an awesome tournament and one of the more fun ones I've seen this year. Shame more people didn't see it. It was really fun and I hope Eddie got to see it or has a copy of it. There are some people in there that would be great at EBI. As good as the event was, it's just a shame that you drew the shit end of the stick in terms of landing the one really bad match with the guy that wanted to run away. Great job though and I'm excited to watch you compete again. Good luck in anything you've got on the horizon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12