Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute

Denny and Sean in MMA

With the consistent rise of our 10th Planet native, George Sotiropulous, thoughts of future 10th Planet fighters become more and more frequent. Although there are plenty of names in the hat, two seem to find their way to the top of the pile, more than others... Sean Bollinger and Denny Prokopos. There is definetly a reason to think so too.

Sean Bollinger vs Ryan Couture

For those who saw the fight, two things stood out. One... Sean's stand up was impressively smooth. Two... Sean won the fight. Had it not been for his name, Ryan would have not been revived for the final round. Even Ryan admitted he was out. Since then, Ryan has gone on to a very impressive Strikeforce debut which only made me wonder. What if that was Sean in there???

Denny Prokopos vs The Scrap Pack

I've always got my ear to the ground and despite the random troll, Denny is very well respected among the jiu jitsu elite. He's formed very valuable connections, when he decides to move into the MMA direction. None could be more valuable than Gilbert, Jake, Nick and Nate. During Gilbert's highly anticipated fight with jiu jitsu ace, Shinya Aoki, Denny got the opportunity to help train with Gil. Gilbert Melendez, in my opinion, is a top 5 lightweight. At the time Gilbert was only purple, I do understand, but MMA is a totally different ball game. Still, one thing stood out. Gil was tapping. Of course it wasn't real and he needed to work on problems Aoki would bring to the table but these are the Cesar Gracie boys. 3 titles in 3 different weights. After watching Gilbert destroy Aoki... What if that fight was Denny vs Aoki???