Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin

No ACL needed?! Anyone experienced this?

I tore my cruciate rolling a few months back and on the consultants visit before surgery he told me my knee is strong enough without it. He is one of the best knee surgeons in Europe and I trust him but just wondering if any of you legends are rolling with no ACL? Thanks!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    I'm not a doctor but that sounds crazy to me. My knee was super unstable until I had my ACL replaced.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Don't think Jamie Scott has one in the one knee and he is a lot better now than when he was, so maybe they just get in the way and hold you back.. I don't know.

Array

School
    80/20 BJJ
    I have been rolling with a partially torn ACL for years. I strengthened my legs to a point where the knee no longer feels unstable. But you have a full tear so I don't know? Wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion...

Array

School
    10p CM/BP/OR/LV
    I have had two full ACL ruptures. Your first time I had a patella reconstruction. It has never been good. Four years ago I ruptured the repair and never fixed it. I just had surgery on it 10 weeks ago. The surgeon told me not to fix it. They just scoped it. So I have no ACL still train. Knee felt shitty with it and without it.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Wow, I thought it was BS. I heard of a couple guys who have no ACL or MCL. Cobrinha and the Miyaos. That might explain why they don't tap to heel hooks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I heard a someone say once that Hines Ward who played for the Steelers doesn't have an ACL in one of his knees and that it was torn early in his career (maybe high school) and he never had it repaired.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I donno, I have had full tear on my ACL with some serious damage to MCL and bone. Its fully Healed now and theres no way I could have rolled with no ACL. Even now I have to try really hard to keep it strong and it still buckles once in a while.

Be careful and safe my friend! Best of luck!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Array

School
    10th Planet Altoona
    That is crazy. I would think it would be too painful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast