Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Nola Bjj

Need Help with old school sweepd

Lately against the upper belts when I go for the old school sweep I get caught with a choke either before i sweep them or after. As far as my set up go I think im doing evrything right, I am on my side i get and underhook and protect against the crossface by tucking my head in.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    What choke are they catching you with?

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Nola Bjj
    sometimes with a guillotine choke other times with darce choke.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Sounds like you are leaving too much space on your left side. You should really clinch tight up in there, driving your head and crushing their guts to close off all potential space underneath your arms and between their body and your neck.

I recommend working with someone, going to the old school position and having them attack the darce slowly so you can feel the gaps that they are leaving open. Then manually tighten up and close those gaps... re-drill the move this time being mindful of the space you are creating.

Hell, when I used to attack from the lockdown half I used to leave gaps so wide that wrestlers would just wrap me up into a cradle and fold me until I tapped.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Nola Bjj
    Thx for the help. Ill make sure to drill this.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Anytime I have someone in lockdown and they try to choke me, I sweep them right away. I want them to try to choke me.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Chapa View Post
    Lately against the upper belts when I go for the old school sweep I get caught with a choke either before i sweep them or after. As far as my set up go I think im doing evrything right, I am on my side i get and underhook and protect against the crossface by tucking my head in.

Array

School
    RONIN
    Are you saying if someone has the vice grips on while you have lockdown, you exicute the eletric chair sweep?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Mechanic?

Array

School
    10th Planet Nottingham
    boa then grab the toes. whilst in the boa u can not get choked so pick your time grab the toes hit the dog figt and go. anticipate the choke it will be easier to defend or even avoid if u no its coming. u can always abort back to the boa if u fuck up the transition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast