Array

School
    Sergio Penha

Asking for some help- please checkout my rashguard sale(Scramble/OTM/Newza/Gwkto/Mrkt

For those of you that follow OpenMatRadio or TheJourneyPodcast I wanted to let you know about this fundraiser some friends have put together for me.

http://store.scramblestuff.com/Just-...DER_p_322.html

For the past four years I've gone through radiation, multiple rounds of chemo, four major surgeries, lots of complications, having to be airlifted from Vegas to UCLA and a lot more. My fight isn't over. Just the past few weeks have been a crazy story. I went in for another liver biopsy a little over a week ago. The doc unfortunately made some mistakes. He wanted to send me home but my sister was there to insist that the amount of pain I was in and how I handle pain didn't make sense. They did another scan and showed that the dr had punctured my diaphragm causing blood to pool and my lung to collapse. I went by ambulance to the same hospital Lamar Odum was just at. Luckily I saw no Kardashians. What I did see however was a lot of trippy stuff. The Drs mismanaged my medication and after 48 hours of no sleep I had developed Intensive Care Psychosis. Full blown hallucinations and breaks from reality. This lasted days and persisted even after I was released. So when I say it's been a long strange trip it really has. Being friends with Nic Gregoriades helped a lot as one of the hallucinations I had was a full blown ayuhuasca ceremony in the hospital.

Thank you to everyone that has supported me and my projects (OpenMatRadio and TheJourneyPodcast) over the years. I've tried my best to make my websites useful for the community. This past year I've had to step away from them and also take a medical leave from work.

Thanks to everyone that has supported this rashguard release. Matt from Scramble made it happen as I was in and out of the hospital. The design is inspired by the mantra I've used over the past four years of treatments. "Just another lion to kill" is what my coach Sergio Penha would say when his coach, Osvaldo Alves would send killer after killer to beat Sergio. It was a brutal way to train but one that made Sergio an amazingly resilient man. So Lisa Del Toro, tattoo artist and training partner designed this lion killer to represent that mantra.

Scramble has the presale up on their UK site (their US store is managed by a third party). I appreciate the support. http://store.scramblestuff.com/Just-...DER_p_322.html

And even if you don't care about my cause it's a pretty dope rashguard collabo!

so are you better now? and are you in need of funds for medical bills?

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Well I'm currently recovering from having the chest tube in and the collapsed lung. The biopsy results were negative which is good but may also be inconclusive based on hitting the lesion or not. I live in Vegas and am using UCLA for most of my consultation now. I had my last surgery there and lived there for almost 2 months on and off. I have been hesitant to ask for any type of charity and still am to be honest. I'm confident that even if my cause doesn't mean anything it's a killer rashguard collaboration and worth the cost anyways. Denny and Travis have known me for years and I would hope speak to my character and that these funds will go right to my medical costs. One of my surgeries was done at a private hospital and my insurance revoked their prior agreement. We got them to settle the cost at just over $50k out of pocket, which I had to borrow from my family business. So I'm still paying for past surgeries and recently had to stop working.

Array

School
    !0thP ATX
    Ordered the Rashie Serg! Best of luck brother!
    Belief is the death of knowledge. RAW

Array

School
    MCJ Ottawa Barrhaven
    Just ordered one. Gl m8!! Oss

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Bump. Best of luck with your medical issues Paul. Your podcast is always a pleasure to listen to
    The Name is Nick Paul

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Thanks to everyone for the support! The orders are in and should be shipped sometime next month. I'll post updates as I get them from the guys across the pond. Thanks again for supporting me and all the brands that participated.