Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Hobart
    Hobart, Tasmania.. The little island south of Australia
    Back to the original post though, I hope she is okay, you don't want to see anyone get injured.

Mojoplata

Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    There are a lot of people here, talking about heel hooks, who have no knowledge of how to apply them or what even makes them work, for that matter.
    I thought I had a good knowledge until your seminar when I realized I didn't know shit about a heel hook.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    I still think my proposal of giving the refs power to call the match is sound. Whether it's a straight arm-lock, heel hook, kimura, the ref should be able to call it. You don't limit the game the kids can play, but you give an experienced grappler adult referee the chance to stop it before an injury occurs. Like I said, I've seen this in numerous tournaments I've been to and not once has a parent or a kid or a coach been upset that the ref called the match.

Array

School
    blank
    i dig

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    On her instagram sophieglee she had posted no breaks, so looks like it was prob a sprain/strain.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Why were heel hooks illegal in all previous kids matches?
    Not sure if this has been answered yet (still trying to catch up with all the threads) but you have the option to decline certain subs (Bruce can elaborate more) but for Cora's matches both in EBI 3 and 4 they agreed on both sides no heel hooks or toe holds, but everything else slicers kneebars all straight non rotating ankle locks would be ok.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    I still think my proposal of giving the refs power to call the match is sound. Whether it's a straight arm-lock, heel hook, kimura, the ref should be able to call it. You don't limit the game the kids can play, but you give an experienced grappler adult referee the chance to stop it before an injury occurs. Like I said, I've seen this in numerous tournaments I've been to and not once has a parent or a kid or a coach been upset that the ref called the match.
    Don't they have that ability? Refs can stop the match if they think damage is imminent. Right?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    Don't they have that ability? Refs can stop the match if they think damage is imminent. Right?
    I thought the ref already had that power too.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Alright, I decided to be unlazy and helpful.damage.JPG

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona AOK
    To everyone who thinks a EBI should have a medic on site, they wouldn't be much help besides transporting the person to the hospital anyway. They are not doctors nor do they carry around an X Ray machine. I personally was injured in competition (dislocated hip) and the medic was useless. He drug me off the mat and tried to tell me all I had was a pulled groin.
    No Jiu Jitsu, No Life
    Know Jiu Jitsu, Know Life

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast