Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCann View Post
    500 hours mat time and 5 comps!!!
    Daaaaamn bro. I think that's like 3 hours per day, 5 days per week. Go for it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Win Gracie Nationals this month, 145, blue belt.

Compete again in the advanced division the next weekend at a local tournament here in the NW (Ground warrior).

Solidify my spot as one of the best 145's in my in my region. Next the nation! I competed once in intermediate and then 8 times in advanced or elite last year as a blue belt and won some local championships. I want to out compete and win that record.

Carry the momentum of clean eating, lots of extra training outside of jiu jitsu (strength and conditioning) and 8-10 hours of skills training a week.

Attend every seminar possible.

Spread my passion for jiu jitsu and encourage growth and dedication in the new students at our gym. I'd also like to start teaching fundamentals.

Get my first (very elusive) dead Orchard in competition.

Progress as a martial artist and as a human being, as well.

In 2015, I moved from the small town of 8,500 people in Southern Oregon to Portland. No house, job, leads, or even close friends. Just a passion for jiu jitsu and faith in myself. I now train with some of the greatest people you could ever meet at 10th Planet Portland. My game in jiu jitsu and overall outlook on life has improved ten fold since the move. I expect nothing less this year.

And, if I reach the point that I can earn my purple that'd be cool, too, but only because it's a reflection of my growth in this sport, and as a person.

Best of skill to all of you goal oriented savages!

2016 Jiu Jitsu Goals

1. Purple Belt by the end of the year

2. Compete in 2 tournaments in the advanced division and take 1st place all by submissions.

3. Improve my fundamentals so I can adopt some white belts and help take them to blue belt.

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Barbara
    1. Teach more and more classes/privates
    2. Hit another twister. More importantly, put on great matches
    3. Meet more of my 10th planet family
    4. STAY HEALTHY
    5. Just keep training and being surrounded by positive energy and people.

Array

School
    Samuel Puccio BJJ
    1. Train more 10th Planet/Explore options for moving to a city with a 10th Planet Moon.
    2. Continue to improve me conditioning through exercise and diet.
    3. Improve my standup/striking.

Hey guys, I'm a Gracie Barra purple belt who has just made the switch to 10th Planet Melbourne. Was always a no-gi fan and Eddie Bravo advocate, used a lot of the 10p game when rolling. My goal are to learn the 10p system and refine what i already know. Also develop a leg lock game both offensive and defensive as this is definitely a weak point. Become a finisher and go for subs a lot more. Develop my guard retention, including inversions into a leg lock game. Last but not least compete for 10p at some smaller comps.

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin Ireland/ Pedro Bessa ballincollig
    1. be nice to new white belts at the gym.
    2. rehab shoulder.
    3. get back training.
    4. stay injury free.
    5. passing.
    6. escapes

1. Compete in at least three competitions this year.
    2. Place in at least two of them.
    3. Get back to strength/conditioning (I'm just getting over about two and a half months of being sick, where I stopped training consistently and stopped any additional strength/conditioning completely).
    4. Keep a consistent training log (I've been doing one, but not at all consistently).
    5. Average about 4 lessons a week, but aim for 5 whenever my schedule allows.
    6. Earn a blue belt by the end of the year.

Array

School
    Carlos machado Shreveport Louisiana
    1) have my first mma fight this year

2)solidify my truck game and twister side control game

3) get more financially stable

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hughes View Post
    Win Gracie Nationals this month, 145, blue belt.

Compete again in the advanced division the next weekend at a local tournament here in the NW (Ground warrior).

Solidify my spot as one of the best 145's in my in my region. Next the nation! I competed once in intermediate and then 8 times in advanced or elite last year as a blue belt and won some local championships. I want to out compete and win that record.

Carry the momentum of clean eating, lots of extra training outside of jiu jitsu (strength and conditioning) and 8-10 hours of skills training a week.

Attend every seminar possible.

Spread my passion for jiu jitsu and encourage growth and dedication in the new students at our gym. I'd also like to start teaching fundamentals.

Get my first (very elusive) dead Orchard in competition.

Progress as a martial artist and as a human being, as well.

In 2015, I moved from the small town of 8,500 people in Southern Oregon to Portland. No house, job, leads, or even close friends. Just a passion for jiu jitsu and faith in myself. I now train with some of the greatest people you could ever meet at 10th Planet Portland. My game in jiu jitsu and overall outlook on life has improved ten fold since the move. I expect nothing less this year.

And, if I reach the point that I can earn my purple that'd be cool, too, but only because it's a reflection of my growth in this sport, and as a person.

Best of skill to all of you goal oriented savages!

Update:

I got second at Gracie Nationals in a 16 man bracket. I got three subs and lost in the finals. In my semifinals match, I got my first dead orchard. ✔️ The next weekend I got first at Ground Warrior and got my second dead orchard. Boom. Everything else still in progress. 👌🏻

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast