Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Williams swim

Array

School
    Kickers MMA

Williams swim

Has anyone played with a Williams guard into a swim move? Seems like you could almost force the swim move from there unless they make you go to the omoplata?

Array

School
    garage dojo of pain
    theres definitely armbars there. more questions? i gotchu. check out this thread jeebus http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/th...-post.2650585/

Array

School
    Kickers MMA
    Appreciate it brother

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    2012 shit it seems like only a minute ago we rediscovered the effeciency of London

I have been working with Williams Guard entries to New York (break posture, get on a hip and swim the opposite side up for the over hook), as opposed to breaking posture for Mission Control and hunting for the Zombie. It's been working for me, so far. Taking the angle with the hips takes away the need for the extra flexibility, at least for me. I believe that Williams Guard can enhance one's Rubber Guard, and vice versa.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    I have been working with Williams Guard entries to New York (break posture, get on a hip and swim the opposite side up for the over hook), as opposed to breaking posture for Mission Control and hunting for the Zombie. It's been working for me, so far. Taking the angle with the hips takes away the need for the extra flexibility, at least for me. I believe that Williams Guard can enhance one's Rubber Guard, and vice versa.
    The cartwheel kills London, that’s why you don’t see HQ guys using it anymore
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    The cartwheel kills London, that’s why you don’t see HQ guys using it anymore
    Eddie, I thought Shawn Williams had an answer for that. I remember you and he were on a video together and you guys talked about it. I'd have to go look for it but I thought it meant London could still be viable.

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    Quote Originally Posted by SebG View Post
    Eddie, I thought Shawn Williams had an answer for that. I remember you and he were on a video together and you guys talked about it. I'd have to go look for it but I thought it meant London could still be viable.
    I'm sure Eddie will eventually get back on here and answer, but I'll add my 2 cents.

Shawn's answer was to basically roll while holding that trapped arm so that as they try to cartwheel, you pull them to their back and you hopefully end up on top. That's great if it works. BUT, you had an opportunity to finish them where you had them by using a different control, a different path. Instead, you choose to use a lower percentage rubber guard and then take a huge risk in ending up in a scramble and fighting for a dominant position again.

It should be noted that this is also why it is a last resort to bail out to jiu claw. Even though you can possibly ice pick to DA and end up on top when they roll, you had them in a position to go for the kill. Don't give that up just to do it.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by SebG View Post
    There's an answer to almost everything. You just have to pick your poison.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast