Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Zac and I just made contact...he's right between me and Indy! I think there's a ronin out near him somewhere that we're gonna try to get him in touch with in the meantime.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac Wilson View Post
    Yeah, I see your point in that. I wouldn't want to promote someone on a first time meet either. You'd need to see them roll live a few times to see what they know. I did find a 10P 2.5 hrs from me though. So I don't have to drive 5 hrs to Chicago.
    Go see Gary whenever you can! You won't be disappointed. I learned a ton from him during a short seminar.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Campagnola View Post
    Go see Gary whenever you can! You won't be disappointed. I learned a ton from him during a short seminar.
    Thanks brotha...how have you been?!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Stop by 10P O'Fallon as much as you can. You won't be disappointed. Awesome group of guys and straight killers on the mat.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Meek View Post
    Thanks brotha...how have you been?!
    Life is good. Grinding away and working on big plans for 2016!
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Mastering all the warm up series is a good start. I trained 2.5 years, worked hard, lost 30lbs and rarely missed a mat session, demonstrated all of the warm ups from memory in front of a seminar full of people including Master Eddie. Got my blue in October. Not everyone's path is the same, but I felt pretty good about where I was when I got it.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieHibbard View Post
    Mastering all the warm up series is a good start. I trained 2.5 years, worked hard, lost 30lbs and rarely missed a mat session, demonstrated all of the warm ups from memory in front of a seminar full of people including Master Eddie. Got my blue in October. Not everyone's path is the same, but I felt pretty good about where I was when I got it.
    I was there for that...pretty epic to watch! Nice work!

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Serge Bunimovich View Post
    Stop by 10P O'Fallon as much as you can. You won't be disappointed. Awesome group of guys and straight killers on the mat.
    I did make it out to see Gary. I was able to sort of test myself against different skill levels. I'm not as bad off as I thought I was. I got a lot of great pointers from Gary and the guys. I have more of a path to follow now instead of just learning random techniques. So I'll drill here with my training partners and I'm planning to go to their open mat every other Saturday. It was totally worth my drive. I'd go more if I lived closer. I want to start chipping away to hotbox status but I think I have to be ranked for that first.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac Wilson View Post
    Herb Chao- Yes. I was training gracie system before. went half way through the blue belt testing and switched to 10P. love it! now that's all we roll is 10P. I'm hooked. I'm going to NAGA Chicago in April. I might try to hit up 10P Chicago while I'm there.

I'd change that might to a will.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Contact an affiliate that is relatively close to you and take a road trip and ask them to evaluate you.
    Do you need to be proficient in the warm ups to get to blue? Is that a strict standard, or does each instructor choose their own way of promoting?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast