Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EBI 6, Hype!!

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    I asked Cyborg about EBI6 on instagram, and he said that he'll probably be good to go by then, so keep your hopes up.

Array

School
    80/20 BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogo Trigo View Post
    I asked Cyborg about EBI6 on instagram, and he said that he'll probably be good to go by then, so keep your hopes up.
    Awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Paul View Post
    It's looking ridiculously stacked. This is so awesome to see competitive grappling blowing up right now. It's like ADCC level talent but with a better rule set
    I hope it gets there so bad. If we actually end up with brackets that compare to ADCC brackets that would be so fucking awesome. I think we will eventually, because honestly 50k is 10k higher than the current prize for winning the ADCC Absolute, so the big name I'm absolutely positive are going to be interested from here on. Eddie is so awesome for taking his time on this thing and putting money back into it instead of trying to just keep all the profits.

I'm the first to say that there are some small things here and there that I disagree with Eddie Bravo on, but god damn how can ANYONE deny his absolute passion for jiu-jitsu and trying to grow it as much as possible. He deserves massive hespect!

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Yeah, I love Tonon, Boogey, and Vinny, but Galvao is superhuman. Even in sub only, I can see him taking the whole thing.

Are the rules still the same with only getting money if you get the tap?
    Yeah only money for the subs you got...if you win the whole thing. This will be really interesting. Without going into way too many nerdy details, Galvao is one of the only top 5 ADCC grapplers ever to have as low of a submission rate as he does. Most people that are good finishers are good finishers in gi or no-gi. Galvao is one of the few that in my opinion is one of the best gi finishers out there, but without the gi maybe isn't quite as sharp. He's the only one out of the 3 people to win his weight and the absolute as ADCC to have less than a 75% submission rate (he had 25%). Then again he hasn't been allowed to do anything other than the big superfight at ADCC the last 2 times and he did get his revenge and submitted Braulio Estima a couple years ago which is insane. So maybe his no-gi subs are stronger now.

The overtime format really favors him since being a backpack is his #1 focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogo Trigo View Post
    That would be fucking crazy! After his heart condition at ADCC we need a proper Cyborg/Galvao no-gi match!

Array

School
    80/20 BJJ
    Imagine EBI getting Marcelo Garcia for a superfight or anywhere really. One can dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Parker View Post
    Imagine EBI getting Marcelo Garcia for a super fight or anywhere really. One can dream!
    I think Marcelo Garcia is done with competition... lol. He has put on quite the weight and gut lol

Can't wait, hype too real.

Quote Originally Posted by elrith View Post
    I think Marcelo Garcia is done with competition... lol. He has put on quite the weight and gut lol
    He's still roasting the fuck out of people on the mats (his no-gi roll the other day against Sebastian Brosche is one of the craziest I've ever seen), but yeah he's done competing. It's pushing half a decade since he competed last and he just had another kid and recovered from a blown ACL. He's really focused on trying to get Danis, Grippo, Munchie, Diniz, Silva, Dominyka, Burgess, and his other students as successful as possible.

I think he's said if he did come back he'd like to do it at ADCC so he can win one more time to make it 5 golds at ADCC for middleweight and 5 golds at the Mundials for middleweight.

Him in EBI would be so cool. :/

Array

School
    Tenth Planet Decatur
    The dude that needs to be in it is Felipe Pena. That dude is on fire and is one of the most exciting grapplers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skaff View Post
    The dude that needs to be in it is Felipe Pena. That dude is on fire and is one of the most exciting grapplers out there.
    yes 100%! 5/6 matches RNC at the adcc trials and got silver for his first time ever at the big show. Get him in there

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    He's still roasting the fuck out of people on the mats (his no-gi roll the other day against Sebastian Brosche is one of the craziest I've ever seen), but yeah he's done competing. It's pushing half a decade since he competed last and he just had another kid and recovered from a blown ACL. He's really focused on trying to get Danis, Grippo, Munchie, Diniz, Silva, Dominyka, Burgess, and his other students as successful as possible.

I think he's said if he did come back he'd like to do it at ADCC so he can win one more time to make it 5 golds at ADCC for middleweight and 5 golds at the Mundials for middleweight.

Him in EBI would be so cool. :/
    is it on youtube? MG vs Sebastian?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast