Array

School
    Westside in Ogden Utah

Attacks against belly down opponent?

My training partner has started going belly down, completely flat to stop my Japanese necktie, and darce attacks. It seems like he would be completely vulnerable, but I can't seems to get any hooks, or hands in to do anything. I end up waiting in sorta side ride/ side control for him to pop up to turtle to re-attack. Any tips? I hate that I'm just waiting, and he is very good at exploding to turtle and creating a scramble.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Wrestling and Judo both have tons of very solid attacks from the prone position (flat on the stomach) as its frequently used to avoid getting scored on. The Sankaku (Triangle) turnovers are some of my favorite transitions from there.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I'll have to do a more in depth search for ya later. I couldn't find any decent no-gi transferable ones off a cursory glance, however there are several.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

I do the same escape sometimes when I'm rolling more playfully and having lots of fun experimenting. If you roll stoned a lot and you're confident in your escapes, I feel like it's something most will end up trying. IMO if you're on top, the only way he can stop you sitting off the side with a neck crank or just grabbing a rear naked/severn is if his arms are straight up by his head, biceps and shoulders touching ears (like reaching straight up, flat on their belly in a handstand like body position). If their arms aren't up you can just choke. If the arms are up, then underhook and both arms and get wrist control, then really pull him in and roll him up over his arms. Really flatten him out and trap the arms under the chest. Then just choke. Maybe you could put a shin in the back of the knee and just randomly calf slice him? Or stand on his ankle and pressure him to pop up to turtle (like your left foot on the back of his right foot) then when he pops up, throw your right leg in, grab the far leg and sit back/somersault to the truck. I mean, you could always do some crazy pain move to just force him to move, but I wouldn't wanna train like that. Curious to see if anyone has a specific game from here. Pretty sure most people are gonna say flatten out and choke/crank

If you have a darce and someone goes flat belly down or goes to their knees, slide onto your hips and take their momentum into a marce. It's just as strong a finish and many people even prefer it.

These gifs mostly show people coming to the turtle and not always belly down, but you can still do it when they go belly down. The bottom gif by Braulio Estima especially shows it.
    http://imgur.com/a/xIvKH

Another thing you can do is switch to a guillotine with your other arm. So you have a darce or JNT, they go belly down and then you sit into a guillotine with your other arm. Or another options is to back mount them (with or without hooks) and then use your plam to lift their forehead off the mat to create space to shoot your other arm under for the RNC.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    Get back mount! Cross face him lift his head enough to get your arm in and he'll give you the hooks or get choked out belly down.

Array

School
    Westside in Ogden Utah
    Thanks guys! I will definitely try the marce next time I roll with him. I am leery of taking the back with no hooks because the guy is really strong (230ish with 400+ squat, 500+ dead-lift), and I feel I would get launched. I should just go for it though.

Chris, looking forward to anything you can find, I love your ghost series videos.