Array

School
    no school no belt

What age did you begin training?

Hello, I am 29 years old and I have a daughter turning 3 at the end of February. I would like to sign myself and my daughter up for classes after her birthday. How young is too young? What kind of age requirements are there at 10PJJ? Any thoughts, comments, and or advice of any kind is welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you all, Ryan

Array

School
    no school no belt
    Well scratch that, I spoke with the 10th planet Pontiac gym. 3 if too young which I kinda figured. I am still interested in taking classes myself until she's ready. Any advice for a beginner before taking the leap?

My 6yo is at the Detroit location. 6 is a good start year, but it is really up to the instructor in Pontiac.

Array

School
    no school no belt
    I think the Detroit location is actually closer to me. Both are close to an hour away though. The person i spoke with said the same thing they prefer students to be around 6 and have a year or two of school before starting. I'm going to the Detroit location this weekend to check it out. They told me if i wanted to participate my first class would be free so I'm pretty excited to see what it's all about.

Array

School
    10th Planet Redlands
    I started a few years ago at 35 — our gym has a lot of kids; i think 6-7 yo are the youngest.