Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek, CA

Breather and crooked nose

One of the things I have been told to me and have been trying to work on, is improving my breathing when rolling. I have a deviated septum, so breathing through my nose can be tough and when I have a mouth piece in, its tough as well. Any suggestions on how to improve breathing when breathing entirely through the nose is just not practical for me?

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    My nose is a mess of crooked scar tissue. According to the Doctor I have 20% airway in one nostril and 40% in the other. I have found that getting a well fitted low-profile fit mouth guard is the only real option. My biggest problem is eating and breathing at the same time especially when I am really hungry, I always end up choking on food. Swimming has been the best exercise to control breathing and exertion rates for me. One exercise I like is altering the number of freestyle/frontcrawl strokes between breaths (like this: 3 strokes, breath, 5 strokes, breath, 7 strokes, breath, 9 strokes, breath, 11 strokes if you can, then breath, and back down the pyramid, 9,7,5,3)

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I broke my nose I don't know how many times since I was a kid. One of my nostril is pretty much useless. I inhale through my mouth and exhale through my nose. One important thing is to get yourself a proper custom mouth guard, it snaps on and doesn't restrict your breathing. The cheap boil and bite are shit
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek, CA
    I got one from my dentist that was custom fitted. I guess I just need to work on the breathing a bit harder.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayamilne View Post
    One of the things I have been told to me and have been trying to work on, is improving my breathing when rolling. I have a deviated septum, so breathing through my nose can be tough and when I have a mouth piece in, its tough as well. Any suggestions on how to improve breathing when breathing entirely through the nose is just not practical for me?
    Have you considered a septoplasty? I had one. I can now suck marbles up my nose.