Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam

Ben Rothwell GoGo Choke

Does anyone know the grips and squeeze to the gogo choke

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Just a modified guillotine. I taught it this month with a modified ball in socket grip. I start it from a chin pick guillotine and slide it over about an inch. There are a few videos online, it's not that new of a move. I'll try to find one and post it here.

It looked like crazy pressure on the neck

I love watching MMA history be made

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    It was a guillotine lol.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Newport
    Ben is the man!
    I started training in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in 2006 after serving 4 years in the USAF.
    I became a professional MMA fighter in 2009 and got my blackbelt from Eddie in January of 2016.
    Owner of the Tsunami Training Center in Newport, Oregon.
    http://www.tsunamitc.com

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE

Detailed explanation. We call it a 10 finger guillotine. Been around forever. Nice to see Ben hit it though.

The gogo choke is not a 10 finger guillotine. It's that same clinch/handwork combined with the critical element of the Japanese Necktie -- the head in the chest/leg trap. So you're catching the neck and exerting pressure on the Adam's apple (gogo in Portuguese), then pressing the back of the head into your chest and trapping a leg, which not only exerts more pressure on the throat, but adds a neck crank component as well.

Array

School
    Ronin / MMA Institute
    Been wondering how to apply the choke since he hit it on Mitrione. The Renzo video is in Portuguese so I had trouble with the details. Hopeully someone can post a detailed instructional soon in English.

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post
    It looked like crazy pressure on the neck

I love watching MMA history be made
    YES !

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Wallner View Post
    Ben is the man!
    YES !!

Quote Originally Posted by David 'Lo Pan' Callaham View Post
    The gogo choke is not a 10 finger guillotine. It's that same clinch/handwork combined with the critical element of the Japanese Necktie -- the head in the chest/leg trap. So you're catching the neck and exerting pressure on the Adam's apple (gogo in Portuguese), then pressing the back of the head into your chest and trapping a leg, which not only exerts more pressure on the throat, but adds a neck crank component as well.
    YES!!! maybe... I think its just a man that is Big and called Ben ... and when a guy like that grabs something so small as a neck... its done'sville so yeah... but defenetly Japanese Necktie in the grip.. dont care about the leg tho .

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Lo Pan?
    You a fen of Tai Pan bro?
    James Clavell ..?
    Thats the man right there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast