Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores

Sorry this took so long

This post is way overdue, but I got promoted to purple belt last saturday by my husband and coach, Sean Applegate. I just wanted to take a second to say thanks to everyone I've ever met or rolled with along my journey. Jiu Jitsu didn't necessarily save my life, but it sure has changed me and really made me want to grow and be a better and more well rounded person. I want to be the best wife, best training partner, best competitor, and most honest person I can be. I try to be true to myself. I work very hard and I was very shocked to get my purple belt, although I've been a blue for a bit. I love coming to the gym everyday and I love meeting new people. I juggle a lot and it can be a challenge, but I am really just so very happy with where I am and to be a part of this. 10th Planet is one of the coolest things that's ever happened to me.

I've had the chance to hang out with some of the coolest people, to learn and grow from them. Eddie Bravo, mY husband Sean, Brandon McCaughren, Nathan Orchard, Sean Bollinger, Josh Passini and his crew, Ruben Alvarez, Richie and Geo Martinez, and so many others!

I've fought a few people in the UFC and had some all out cool experiences because of jiu jitsu. I am just so very grateful. I hope I can be one of the first five homegrown 10th Planet females to reach black belt in the system! All I want to say is I'm grateful!!!

Last thing, some people think having a husband that is a coach too may be odd or weird or difficult, but I have a functional, fluid, amazing marriage. We work hard together, roll hard, and handle business as a team. Sean has pushed me hard because he has always believed in me, even on my worst day, even when I was a bad sport, or frustrated, or cried, or had an attitude...He's always believed in me when maybe I didn't believe in myself, so my biggest thank you is to him. I could ask for a better best friend and just so y'all know, we're gonna conquer the world.

Much Love,

Tori
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Aww, I love you!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Congrats! Word on the street is y'all gonna be in Indy next month? Pumped!

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    Aww, I love you!
    Jesus, get a room you two!

But seriously, congrats on the promotion Tori. Your comp videos are always awesome to watch. You combine great technique with some serious aggression. I have never seen you in a boring match.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Tori, you're one of my all time favorite people! A very well deserved promotion, no doubt! I'm very proud of you!
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Congratulations!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Well deserved.

nice, i need my woman to begin training with me and i'm set... good job Tori

Array

School
    ColoradoBJJ Greenwood Village
    Congrats, very well earned.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    This post is way overdue
    Take as long as you need, getting that big purple is a privilege and honor not everyone has hit.....

I'm very proud of you!
    Brandon speaks for many of us!

Jiu Jitsu didn't necessarily save my life, but it sure has changed me and really made me want to grow and be a better and more well rounded person.
    Amen to that, I think jiu jitsu (and esp Eddie's system) have done so much for so many of us. It was an honor to have met you Sean and the rest of the Gulf Shores folks this past summer, and I'll def be visiting again down the road! Keep repping the system!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast