Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Indy/Pollaros Martial Arts Indianapolis

Lockdown Problem

New to the lockdown game. A lot of the time when I go for the electric chair. The guys knee ends up sliding up my crotch into almost a knee cut position and I end up in some sort of fucked up deep half guard with a lockdown. I think I am whipping up wrong or something or not straighting the lockdown correctly. Maybe I just need more time on mats with it, or maybe my foot position is wrong. Any tips ?

straighten the lockdown more, i use the top hand cupped under his armpit which works best for me when whipping down... when whipping up really throw him over you and the chair is right there

Array

School
    10th Planet Oceanside
    Ya, just a lowly white belt here, but if the dude is trying to pass through i straighten the lockdown hard. youll even randomly get taps from people which is funny, cause of lot of people's calves aren't used to taking the slicing pressure of your shin, and i slide it back and forth with whip up and downs just to keep them guessing and off balance, it totally sucks for their calf specially if they haven't been stuck there much.

but also if you have the underhook, and they are trying to go that direction, you could just go to dog fight.
    Last edited by Khaos Keith; 02-04-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Indy/Pollaros Martial Arts Indianapolis
    Right on, thanks for the tips guys. I will give it a try. I have been watching rolling videos and some other things on youtube of high level electric chairs . Back to the lab (mat) to test it out

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    The first thing I would say is always remember to pinch your knees tight with the lockdown. You can't give them any room to escape their knee. Pinch and straighten it out strong and start whipping. Don't give them any space to pass their leg through.

One thing that I like to do, and you can kinda see in my avatar picture under my name to the left, when I get the lockdown I like to hit the whip down to my left hip (sometimes to get that underhook back) and I'll just stay on that left side hip for a minute and use my lockdown to sort of wedge their leg outward. It makes it much harder for them to lift their foot up off my hook. Then when I'm ready to go, I'll whip back over to get in to perfect electric plugs and start working the electric chair steps.
    Last edited by Solicit; 02-04-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    What changed my lockdown was getting told not to treat it like a triangle, but to stack my ankles. Hope that makes sense/helps.