Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knee Knot help

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks

Knee Knot help

Can someone please link me to the time and what episode of MTS eddie shows the knee knot from the honey hole I think it is. Leg lock with the knee knot.

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    I'll try to find it but I remember the transition being from ashi
    The Name is Nick Paul

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Chris Herzog has some good material on this. Reilly Bodycomb has some good stuff also. Typically, you don't do the traditional knot stuff when the foot is on the inside like 411, the knee knot or Russian knot is typically initiated from a knee reaping position though there are weird exceptions, but that's a good rule of your learning it. It's a good series to learn fit ankle locks in an open rule set if that interests you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    ^ Second Barncat's advice. Herzog is the go to OG for knee knot stuff. check out his youtube channel or app

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Zog's stuff on the knee knot from the reap is the best stuff out there, when Eddie shows it in the MTS he crosses his feet differently than Zog from what I can see. I think Sonnon shows some knot stuff from honey hole/saddle calling it Gordian knot or something.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Zog is the guy for the knee knot. Although attempting it from 411/honey hole is a bad move as you would be honey sticking yourself.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    Look up The Week In Roc 10th Planet Rodchester on YouTube. Love his Russian Cowyboy series too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the advice, Brian. I found some videos from Zog and am studying up on it. He's that dude most definitely. I was trying to remember the episode that Eddie has a seminar with him and they were going over a lot of positions. I'm seeing that it's from Game Over more though like you say, and not the saddle. When you say "fit ankle locks", what do you mean exactly?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Which video are you referring to?
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    I am going to guess he is referring to MTS:88 ~25:48

After watching again, Eddie crosses his feet the same Zog in the Knee Knot. It was his preference for the Game Over position to the knot that was the difference in philosophy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast