Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    Then you get the smelly @ss guy, be careful getting the grapevine from twister side or you might pass out holding your breath.!!.

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGill View Post
    The "Pulling Guard" guy.. Because I like to pull guard!!
    dude i pull guard on everyone and it works great because even if they pass to half at least it gives you something strong to work from, you could have tried passing them and ended up screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Inspired by Adam Corolla, here's my list of Guys I Can't Roll With

1) The Let's Just Roll Light Guy: He's the one who says he just wants to go light, but then builds to 100% strength attack while you're still rolling at 10%.

2) The Everybody Look At My Balls Guy: He's the one who refuses to wear Gi pants or MMA shorts. Instead he wears wide legged Muay Thai shorts that show his entire nut sac everytime he pulls guard. He loves showing as much skin as possible when he's rolling with another male. Go figure.

3) The Advice Column Guy: This is the guy who taps you and pretends to offer helpful advice, but in reality he's just bragging that he tapped you. Instead of saying something like, "Let me show you how I'm able to sweep you and how to avoid it," he says stuff like, "Dude you can't leave that arm out there, cause if you do I'm going to trap it every single time." He's also fond of saying, "Dude, you need to relax and breathe more when you're rolling." Fuck you, douchebag.

4) The Wrestler Who Doesn't Want to Learn BJJ Guy: He wrestled all through college and won some local championships. He comes to BJJ under the pretense of learning BJJ, but he's really here because now that he has graduated there's nowhere to practice wrestling. BJJ is the closest thing he can find. He barrels in like a bull every time he rolls and uses the same submission every single time -generally something basic like an Americana. He never attempts to fight from his back and because he can tap you with a wrestling move, he never thinks to ask you to show him an actual BJJ technique.

5) The Name Dropper Dude: He just happens to be wearing shorts or a rash guard from some school other than the one he trains at and acts like he doesn't know it. He's just waiting and praying every day for someone to ask him about it so he can say, "Yeah, I rolled with Rickson a couple of times. He's a cool dude." This is the one I'm guilty of when I'm wearing the 10th Planet shorts at Marcelo's academy... "Yeah, I met Eddie last summer. Cool dude."
    As long as their hygiene is good, I think you can learn something from any of those types and more, dirty guys will just help you learn about MRSA, first hand. As long as you aren't regularly injuring your partners and you don't smell then you're fine to train with.

1)If he acts hyper aggressive, calm his shit down

2)not sure what your complaint is for number 2, lets be honest jiu jitsu is 2 men rolling around on the floor covered in sweat, a little extra skin doesn't make it any gayer, eye contact however does,

3)he tapped you learn from it

4)wrestling is a part of the sport, its a form of no gi grappling, learn to combat it, and if he taps you learn from it, if its the same move over and over again, he doesn't need to change his game you do.

5)name droppers are annoying, unless it's me doing it, then I'm just letting you know how cool I am.

We had this list posted on our facebook page. Find which personality you are.
    http://manbeater.wordpress.com/2009/...h-one-are-you/

Array

School
    RMNU
    You really didn't have anything, I just want to reset guy.

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    better yet , what about the guys that are too cheap to buy any proper training gear ????? like rashguards , gi pants , fight shorts or under armour leggings ???????????????
    instead they will wear a smelly t shirt , or a pair of outdated poopy sweatpants

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno
    How bout the guy who seems to get winded and need to take a break every time you gain position on him. I used to roll with a guy who would get side control on me and hold me there forever, but when I finally put him back to guard he would suddenly be too tired to attempt to pass my guard again. Funny how he never seemed to want to stop when he was killing me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    I like the something hurts everytime you roll guy
    Hey I am fucking hurt everytime I roll!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    or how about the guy when doing drills he gets his reps in but doesnt allow you to get yours in ???

Array

School
    Rōnin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Noronowicz View Post
    better yet , what about the guys that are too cheap to buy any proper training gear ????? like rashguards , gi pants , fight shorts or under armour leggings ???????????????
    instead they will wear a smelly t shirt , or a pair of outdated poopy sweatpants
    that is what is good about gi classes they send home people whithout there gi or if it is dirty.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast