Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

Kakuto 7 matches

Kakuto submission challenge has to be one of the more fun tournaments in which I've ever been involved, 10th planet Decatur, and 10th planet Gulf Shores made an excellent showing, and I'm proud to be on the same team with these killers. I got bronze in nogi after losing my second match, but managed to finish out first in gi division beating the guy who beat me in nogi.

Anyway, here's the first match, I went for a straight ankle but his toes got caught in my hip, so I finished with a sock lock. The sock lock came on quicker than expected, so the genuine concern on my face stems from the belief that I actually broke his foot.
    Last edited by William Schrimsher; 03-03-2016 at 04:01 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Second match, which I lose, I felt this was the most important match of the day in retrospect. It took me awhile to find my groove, and just about the time I started getting comfortable, so did he. I feel I learned a lot about controlling the pace from this match, and that really helped me in my rematch with him.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Last nogi match, for bronze. The loss took a lot of the mental pressure off, and I started to have fun.
    It may not appear this way in the video, but I gave this guy ample opportunity to tap to the straight ankle, and he gave me a dismissive glance, so I turned up the heat. Ankle popped 3 separate times, and he seemed to be having trouble with it for the rest of the day. Tough dude though, he taped it up and went through the 7 man gi division like a champ.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Gi matches. There appeared to be some sort of dispute in forming the brackets at the timekeepers table, I wasn't supposed to go first, but when I noticed the guy who beat me was trying to get out of a first round match with his teammate, I requested the first match, trading places with the other ATT competitor.
    Not much to say, I knew what he was about this time, and snagged a quick win.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I won a coin toss and got a bye for the second round, leaving me with the gold medal match, tried for a kimura early on and got my back taken, this guy loves the crucifix position and actually beat my teammate last year with a collar choke, so I played pretty defensively to get back to a neutral position. Sam Davis was coaching me, and encouraged me to go for the straight ankle again, even though that's not really part of my game plan right now, due to the success I had already seen with it, I opted to listen to my coach. (Always a good call)
    Last edited by William Schrimsher; 03-03-2016 at 04:02 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Awesome work, Will!
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Thanks, boss. Couldn't do it without you!