Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    Ronin
    I'm over 40, and not doing too bad. If you love the movements, it will make all the difference. I honestly feel younger than ever thanks to the system.

Array

School
    Jacksonville FL
    Bro ... I am 40, I just started learning the system after 9 years of traditional BJJ, age is not a factor, just go for it, yesterday
    at an open mat session I pulled an electric chair sub, an old school pass, and was close to getting to the truck, if I can do this, no doubt you can too.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    I started at 30, got my blue at 33, and will be 36 in May and I'm still going strong. You can do it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Technique is everything. Stretching is key for life, not just jiu jitsu but I think people think 10th Planet requires more flexibility than it actually does. I'm constantly inspired by guys older than me and I'm 37.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon/Ronin
    I'll Be 40 in a couple months. I trained gracie system back in 1996 for a minuet and then picked jiu jitsu back up again in 2015. It was then I learned about 10P, and once I started learning it I loved it. Especially the 10P community. I have more problems with my short legs keeping me from some of the moves, but flexibility isn't much of a problem for me. If you can do full butterfly and sit in full lotus I'd say that's pretty darn good. As for it being a "young mans game", that's not true at all. I roll with younger guys all the time and I can hang. Don't let age discourage you at all man. Good Luck!!

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    I have to think that it's a hard question to answer.

What does good mean? I'm 36 and a new blue belt. I wish I had started earlier. But I reckon when I'm 46, if I don't quit, I'll be wrecking 20 year olds. I just won't be destroying at ADCC.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek, CA
    I started at 45 and got my blue belt at 48. I have plenty of issues (past surgery on wrist, ankle and toe) plus soft tissue issues like most of us but I feel that jiu jitsu helps me with these injuries rather than prevent them. I competed a couple of times last year and have no problem rolling hard with folks much younger than me. A few things that I have learned along the way: don't let your ego get in the way and not tap, even to the much younger guys. I did not learn that at first and kept getting injured, which really prevented me from getting better. I also make sure my body gets what it needs in turns of nutrition, physical therapy (I see an ART therapist about 2x a month). Also, the mental aspect is huge. Sometimes the body can't do the things it wants to do as strongly or quickly as I want them to but in time, technique wins out.

Array

School
    10WO
    You may not be able to get "good", but you can always become better.

Array

School
    Fusion MMA Elgin IL, Pedro Sauer affiliate
    Who cares about good, have fun man

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Im 30 and getting better every session. I felt traditional gi jiu jitsu did a lot more damage to my body than 10thplanet has.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast