Thread: Lockdown issue

Array

School
    Kickers MMA

Lockdown issue

I competed at a tournament today and had a good lock down in. My opponent on the side I had the lock down would shove his head into my arm pit. So I could not jaws of life or pummel for the undertook. I had the weak side underhook but I was stuck help. The only thing I could think of was to go to super stomp but Idk cause it was like a weird twitter side variation.

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Barbara
    Hey, Drew

While, I can only answer so much without seeing exactly what happen, I can say that my go to from lock down is the whip down. With the whip down your opponent would be forced to base out or give out the basic sweep. Additionally, while it may be difficult to get the full whip of your lock down on an opponent with a solid base, as long as you can at least get a shallow hook on your opponents leg and really turn your hips as you drop your shoulder on the under hook side,you will get them to open up. Hopefully this makes sense without the visual. Check out my recent highlight post and I believe, you can see me hit two electric chair sweeps (or get a sweep) starting with a whip down/whip down variation.

Array

School
    Kickers MMA
    I'll check it out it. Thank broth. was pretty frustrating

Array

School
    Carlos machado Shreveport Louisiana
    yeh man I used to get fked up when I couldn't use jaws of life to get the underhook esp when they have a good cross face butt the whip down changed all that now I go back and forth between the whip down and jaws of life and I have never been stuck I always get up to dog fight and attack from their or I get the leg underhook and go for electric chair or stoner control sweeps go back and forth its so hard for people to block two things back to back repeatedly

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Put a lot of reps in on a good whip down. If you elevate the lockdown leg and scoot out onto your hip while kicking the leg straight out that should give you the space to grab the underhook
    The Name is Nick Paul