Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Eddie Bravo's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet HQ
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,812
    Like stated above, it's mostly a time issue. And also the truck is a way better place than the mount, so is spider web
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

    Follow me on twitter @eddiebravo

    SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

    Listen to my music soundcloud.com/eddie-bravo

    Join 10p on facebook.com/10thplanetjj

    Click on EVENTS for upcoming seminars and comedy dates

  2. #12
    sean applegate's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Location
    gulf shores, AL
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Guillotine View Post
    I don't know if having the back with only seatbelt is really isolating the neck because the opponent has his arms in to defend. Most EBI competitors choose the back in an effort to lock on a body triangle and win via riding time, not get a RNC. Allowing full mount (and side control?) would force the back-mounted opponent to actually have to escape to a neutral position, thus opening up more submission opportunities in the process. Imagine what this would look like: an opponent in OT turns from back to full mount; he knows the clock is ticking so he frantically bucks and rolls and pushes on the knee; then BAM, mounted triangle and he taps.
    If you thought letting people start on the back lead to stalling, then im not really sure why you think mount will be better. Riding the mount is way easier than the back mount. Also, the truck is a back mount variation. How is it the same as mount or side control?

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    If you thought letting people start on the back lead to stalling, then im not really sure why you think mount will be better. Riding the mount is way easier than the back mount. Also, the truck is a back mount variation. How is it the same as mount or side control?
    Just to be clear, I don't think people should start in mount. I just think the OT round should continue if the match goes into mount. My reasons are that the mount directly chains with back mount and spiderweb, just like back/truck and back/crucifix chain together. I also think it's cheap to count an "escape" as simply rolling over from one bad position to another, and that forcing the opponent to actually escape to a semi-neutral spot would make for a more dynamic OT round with more submissions.

  4. #14

    Array

    School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Posts
    139
    Seems like a good place to ask...

    I've been wondering does the crucifix count? I guess most people would consider it a back mount variation but you don't really have the hook like you do with the back/truck/spiderweb.

  5. #15
    Jon-Michael Holland's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Location
    Bethlehem PA
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Guillotine View Post
    Just to be clear, I don't think people should start in mount. I just think the OT round should continue if the match goes into mount. My reasons are that the mount directly chains with back mount and spiderweb, just like back/truck and back/crucifix chain together. I also think it's cheap to count an "escape" as simply rolling over from one bad position to another, and that forcing the opponent to actually escape to a semi-neutral spot would make for a more dynamic OT round with more submissions.
    EBI has done what no other show has i've seen other tournaments try and tinker with the overtime rounds and its no bueno i assure you

    ig and twitter @jm10p

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-Michael Holland View Post
    EBI has done what no other show has i've seen other tournaments try and tinker with the overtime rounds and its no bueno i assure you

    what tinkering have you seen other tournaments do with the EBI overtime rules?

  7. #17
    Jon-Michael Holland's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Location
    Bethlehem PA
    Posts
    358
    adding the mount

    ig and twitter @jm10p

  8. #18

    Array

    School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Location
    LA via Chicago
    Posts
    826
    Dialogue is never a bad thing. That being said, the truck adds a new dimension to the back game that the mount doesn't have. Sure, someone could recover quarter guard in mount and a sophisticated truck player could convert that into a successful truck, but as I said, it's a bit more sophisticated than back mount to truck. You can still set up arm triangles from the back like in the mount. I mean personally, I'd be down to see mount added to OT's with the gi, in order to see cross chokes and stuff. I'm 90% sure Eddie would agree to that. But let's keep it on the maybe pile.
    Rigan Machado: In Brazil, we have three masters; Helio Gracie, Carlos Gracie, and Renato Laranja.
    Renato Laranja: You know if I had a nickel for every time I heard that...gonna be a hich man.

  9. #19
    Eddie Bravo's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet HQ
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Gamble View Post
    Seems like a good place to ask...

    I've been wondering does the crucifix count? I guess most people would consider it a back mount variation but you don't really have the hook like you do with the back/truck/spiderweb.
    Yes, crucifix is still back control
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

    Follow me on twitter @eddiebravo

    SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

    Listen to my music soundcloud.com/eddie-bravo

    Join 10p on facebook.com/10thplanetjj

    Click on EVENTS for upcoming seminars and comedy dates

  10. #20
    Eddie Bravo's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet HQ
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,812
    Ask an ibjjf official why you get 4 points going from mount to back but get zero points going from back to mount. Sure the mount is a good place to be but so is side control and full guard, it's mainly a time issue, hella long OT rounds could kill the show
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

    Follow me on twitter @eddiebravo

    SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

    Listen to my music soundcloud.com/eddie-bravo

    Join 10p on facebook.com/10thplanetjj

    Click on EVENTS for upcoming seminars and comedy dates

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •