Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside

Itunes being a bitch *HELP*

Ok my itunes is starting to have a mind on its own...

The new thing is that itunes deletes my entire library each time I start it!!!! It takes few seconds to lunch then I can see some files appearing in my recycling bin and BAM! empty library...
    Even if I restore the files (which are the library files) Itunes will do the same thing and send them back into the recycling bin... It starts to annoy the shit out of me...

Oh and also now I'm not able to drag and drop files/folders directly into Itunes.
    I'm running Itunes as administrator and I also made sure on the properties that I've got full control but that trick doesn't seem to work anymore...

Ideas anybody ?

Array

School
    Team X-T1
    Will take a look into this for you and see if i can offer up any advice....

Array

School
    Team X-T1
    Try this
    1. Close iTunes.

2. Delete ALL iTunes shortcuts in your system: on the desktop, in your Start Menu, in your Quick Launch bar. To do this, rightclick on the iTunes shortcut, and click Delete.

3. Right-click on your desktop, and click New, then Shortcut.

4. Enter "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" for the path (including the quotes).

5. Click Next.

6. For name, enter iTunes.

7. Click Finish.

8. Use this shortcut to launch iTunes

Array

School
    Team X-T1
    Let me know how you get on also check to see if you have any corrupt files within it.....

Array

School
    Heracles Finland
    First for the drag and drop problem. Here is couple of things you could try:

1: Click your Ipod under devices. The summary tab should be the first to pop up. If not, click it. Scroll down and under 'Options', make sure the 'Manually manage music and videos' option is clicked.

2: Try logging out of your desktop and then logging back in.

3: Go into iTunes preferences. Select the Advanced tab (gear shaped icon) Where it says "Reset iTunes Store cache:" hit the Reset Cache button.

4: Go to your iTunes folder and right click it. Select properties and uncheck the 'Read only'-check box.

About iTunes deleting your library items all the time, you should check if your virus protection is scanning your iTunes folder. If it is, make an exclusion for all the iTunes files and this might take care of the problem.

Also if you're running on Sony Vaio, you should check out this thread from Apples support forum: http://discussions.info.apple.com/th...art=0&tstart=0

Hopefully this helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    awesome guys I'm gonna try this now and let you know

@JarkkoH Yeah I always set manually manage music and videos. I'll have to do the other ones.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Awesome Sarah It seems like it's working with that new shortcut. No more library going straight to the recycling bin

But I still haven't figured out how to fix the drag and drop problem.
    I made sure that I've got full control on every user and also starting as admin/ the no read only on my itunes folder but no success

Oh and I'm also getting a message about Itunes wasn't able to save my library due to privileges settings...
    But it seems to save what I do.
    Any idea?

Array

School
    Heracles Finland
    What operating system are you on and virus protection do you have?

Also, have you tried updating your iTunes to newest version or just reinstalling it?

For Windows 7:

Go to C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe (or where you have your iTunes located). Right click it and select 'Properties'. Open the 'Security'-tab and from the Group or user names: list, select your user name and press edit. Now check that you have 'Allow - Full control' check box checked.

Both problems seem to be pretty common with iTunes users and there doesn't seem to be any fix that would work for everyone but I'll keep looking for a solution.

Array

School
    10th Planet
    im a fan of sharepod. screw itunes