Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown d-rama

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(

Lockdown d-rama

So last night i was rolling and i had lockdown, double underhooks, but for the life of me couldnt whip up. Just felt like i was too weak too.
    Do i need to drill more, or is it harder to whip up when your a little gassed?

And also one guy i had in the lockdown just stood up and locked my legs in a crazy lock hey, and he said NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS LIKE THAT? anyone know what the fuck that was?

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Yeah, if the bend their leg back and pretty much stand up, it reverses your lockdown on you and you cant undo it. Iv only had it done to me once. My instructor did it to me at the gym Im at.

Because I was super new and being polite, I just nodded. In order to sit back/stand up, they have to give you their free leg. They might have some control over you, but you still have your lockdown. There didnt appear to be anything stopping me attacking the free leg, knocking it out from under them and going to electric chair or stoner control. Seemed a gift actually.

Try it and let me know what happens. I was going to try it out tonight because I know everyone fairly well now, but it was my first night back rolling after an operation and I tore one of my incisions open. Lots of blood. Back to watching.

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    Yeah I would if I could have whipped him up. Like I said I had double insertions, lockdown, pushed up on his ribs, whipped up my legs but just couldn't get him up over me
    And
    My body to my side. Do I just need to drill my whip up more?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    you can't drill the whip up too much. I would say, more than anything else in the system, you need reps on the whip up.

and always keep control of your opponent's upper body somehow. over hook, underhook... something. he won't be able to sit back for that lock. and without control of the upper body, he is gonna drop down for that butt compressor, too, and pass really easily.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Oh, I wasnt talking about the whip up problems. I have whip up problems of my own. Leave that to the veterans.

I was talking about the second bit where the I have had my lockdown kind of reversed on me. I couldnt get it off and I had lost control of my legs. Looking again, seems quite different to what you describe. Similar, but different. The guy did stand up, but there was no crazy lock.

Will wait and see what others say.

Array

School
    Mission: Submissions
    The most important thing about half guard is to get to you side. If he sits up and gives you space like that just turn to your side, hug him around the hip and work old school, half and half, electric chair, etc. Drill dip sets!!! It is an amazing drill and will greatly improve your lockdown game.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Indian Death Lock can only happen without control like Brandon said. Less arms more legs on the whip up. Arms are more or less a guide.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    He told you to never cross your legs like that? What a kook. Where do these kinds of people keep coming from? Many half guards can be calf cranked if the top guy can create enough space to turn around and attack the legs.

Here's a random one I found on my first youtube search.

The point is, that the bottom guy should never be allowing the top guy to create enough space to maneuver that way (underhooks). Too much space allows for cranks, kimuras, and darces. And in all honesty, your partner only got away with it because you had no idea what he was doing. You may have to drill it but whenever a guy posts off of me and turns around I immediately release the lock down and try to take his back, pull guard, or gain some type of position to take advantage of the space he created.

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    Have you tried the "whip out" (under hook leg)?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast