Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OLD TRUCKER: Whats your favourite entry

Hello everyone
    We have been drilling the truck a lot at 10P London lately.
    I love the truck.
    Lately I have been working on positions that lead to the three quarter mount. I started with the head and arm triangle and if they are defending well, I feed them the leg.
    I play a lot of lock down so always liked the Apollo choke but its not always easy to get the sub, so use the sweep to roll into three quarter mount.
    I have just watched the new MTS 102 and seen the COP clinch and cant wait to give that a try.
    Anybody else want to share their favourite entries into the truck please post

This was my first match in a recent comp were I was fortunate enough to get an IBJJF friendly banana split and there is a lovely moment at the end, where Alain Pozzo who was referee, shows my opponent the move and confirms its legal and then says but this is my favourite move and puts me in a twister. Alain is competing at Polaris on the under guard and showed some 10p love at the comp which was nice. Just want to point out that my roll looks like its in Slo Mo because I decided to compete the morning of the comp and my wife cooked a lovely chicken pie the night before so I was carrying a bit of baggage. Well that and I'm slow.

Array

School
    KHK MMA
    Good job mate, I had not seen this video yet
    My favourite truck entry is the Fields Fly Over (aka Kill Switch). Not that I am super good at it, but I just love whenever I am able to hit it :P

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Amsterdam View Post
    Good job mate, I had not seen this video yet
    My favourite truck entry is the Fields Fly Over (aka Kill Switch). Not that I am super good at it, but I just love whenever I am able to hit it :P
    Hey, would you happen to have any vid of this entry?

Array

School
    KHK MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wilhelm View Post
    Hey, would you happen to have any vid of this entry?
    You can see it on D2 Advanced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2b6SMRYPP4

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    Cool, thanks. I didn't realize that was it's name.

Cheers Gustavo
    love that entry..I like to drill it but you got to be a ninja to pull it off live..I'll ll keep drilling..maybe one day

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    Right now I'm really liking the Lucas Leite Far Hook Control-style entry from dogfight.

Thanks Charles
    Found this excellent breakdown video . The dogfight is an area I really need to put more time into

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    Watch Part 2 as well, it's really good.

I'm sure it helps a lot to have long and flexible legs for this one, but one of my most effective entries is from bottom Judo Side Control. When the opponent switches his hip in a Judo Side Control position (usually in my case to hide his feet from my 1/4 guard and lockdown recovery) I am able to sneak/force one hook in over his hip. Then I dump him over immediately to the Twister if he hasn't released his head+arm headlock. Game over already.

I have heard this called the "Judo Twister" before. I like to think that as soon as you have one hook in from any position, the truck is there for you if you triangle/lockdown your legs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast