New York Crackhead

Hey guys, just a quick question. What options do I have when I am at new york crackhead. Yesterday in competition, I got to new york, double bagged, was about to clear to chill dog, but my opponent postured up, so I put him in crack head control. I was trying to pump to get to dead orchard, but his coaches were wise of me trying to triangle my legs, so he pulled his arm to the side, making it very hard for me to triangle my legs. So my question is, what options do I have in New York Crackhead? Thanks.

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    You can't land the dead orchard from New York (I don't think anyway). If you meant from crackhead then you can try to pump his arm inside while popping your hips to give his arm some wiggle room to make it happen, but for me it's been easier to set it up straight from mission control with the mission pump or at least try to lock the shoulder which will also make the dead orxhard easier to get to. If he postures up try posting your foot on his hip to break his posture
    The Name is Nick Paul

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    In MTS 59 at about 15:30 I think Eddie talks about going to Invisible Collar in that scenario.

I'm reviewing the Muddy Waters stuff myself.

Array

School
    10WO
    New York crackhead is what eventually developed into muddy waters.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    yeah the terminology gets tricky in this area. As far as I understand it:

Crackhead - both his arms are inside
    New York Crackhead - his left arm inside, right arm on the mat
    Invisible Crackhead - both his arms inside, I've cleared the neck.
    Invisible Collar - his left arm inside, right arm on the mat, I've cleared the neck.

New York - hand on the mat
    Invisible - cleared the neck

Invisible Collar - can be thought of as Invisible New York Crackhead

Brackish Waters - Double-bagged with right leg under left leg, shoulder lock, with both his arms inside

Muddy Waters - Brackish Waters with a New York (hand on the mat)

Chad: Do you go to Muddy Waters from NYCrackhead? I was under the impression you wanted to clear the neck into Invisible Collar first so that you have more leverage to force the arm in and lock the shoulder?
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 03-22-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Array

School
    10WO
    The further you progress toward invisible collar the easier muddy waters is to transition will be, but it takes longer to get to. You can hit NY crackhead before Invisible crackhead, and brackish waters before that if I'm remembering Barncat's video correctly.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Clark View Post
    The further you progress toward invisible collar the easier muddy waters is to transition will be, but it takes longer to get to. You can hit NY crackhead before Invisible crackhead, and brackish waters before that if I'm remembering Barncat's video correctly.
    New York Crackhead from Invisible Crackhead doesn't make sense. That would involve un-clearing the neck since Invisible Crackhead means cleared neck and NYCrackhead does not.

Additionally as I understand it Brackish Waters is Muddy Waters without the hand on the mat. So you might go Invisible Crackhead to Brackish, and you might go Invisible Collar to Muddy. But you would not go NY-anything to Brackish since NY means hand on the mat.

Like I said, the terminology gets a little complicated in this area.

Also it would be reasonable to say that Invisible Collar can also be called Invisible New York Crackhead.

I'm updating my previous terminology post to add more information.
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 03-22-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Array

School
    10WO
    You are correct: you would not want to go backwards from Invisible collar. Typo on my part, sorry for that. I meant to write "you can hit NY crackhead before invisible collar." sorry for the confusion.

Also, all of the terminology seems to be spot on in your post except, no need to rename invisible collar. What I was meaning to convey is this: trapping limbs and clearing the neck takes time. You hit brackish waters without trapping the hand first, so technically that can be your quickest, but relatively least controlling, path to muddy waters (mission control, brackish waters/ trap far shoulder, zombie, muddy waters). Personally, I try to always trap the hand to the mat. You could get to NY crackhead before Invisible *collar*, but you can hit muddy waters off of either of them.
    Last edited by Chad Clark; 03-22-2016 at 06:34 PM.