Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin

Inverted Rubber Guard from bottom side control... because why not

Currently happening in Pans right now, Hernandez has held this for 6 minutes now lol

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    held it, but he's down by 3? Unless he's working on a sweep... ?

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Well he got passed, so that's 3 points. I don't recall him being able to do much with it. IIRC he got jumping armbarred by Moizinho a few minutes later (who went on to place 2nd) When the replays get added, i'll try get the gifs of the entry or anything significant.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    The dude has some interesting game for sure. I am bringing him out for a seminar at 10th Planet Beaumont on April 9th and 10th. I already mess with a bit of that sort of thing but I'm looking forward to seeing what reuse he has that I might be able to build from. Win or lose, he's got my attention when the gold medalist doesn't

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    The dude has some interesting game for sure. I am bringing him out for a seminar at 10th Planet Beaumont on April 9th and 10th. I already mess with a bit of that sort of thing but I'm looking forward to seeing what reuse he has that I might be able to build from. Win or lose, he's got my attention when the gold medalist doesn't
    Very cool! I was hoping to see some wizardry from there but it turned into a bit of a stalemate. I assumed he must have something from there (inverted triangle of some kind?) to go there. Seems like a weirdly obscure position to stumble into accidentally. IIRC it may have been entered off some toehold scramble.

The gold medalist is the guy who did this in a different match:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BDL76AInpBp/

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Guillotine View Post
    The gold medalist is the guy who did this in a different match:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BDL76AInpBp/
    That's cool. I didn't suggest he was "better" than the gold medalist, just that he had my attention more. He still has my attention more than a guy that did a flying slarce(?). Sleeve Darce? Don't really know what to call it. Congrats to that guy though, glad he's subbing people.

Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu
    He was actually silver medalist Miyao won gold Q got silver but he did win gold in no gi worlds and is pretty amazing he used to train with Caio. That choke was a loop choke Barncat.

That's cool. I didn't suggest he was "better" than the gold medalist, just that he had my attention more. He still has my attention more than a guy that did a flying slarce(?). Sleeve Darce? Don't really know what to call it. Congrats to that guy though, glad he's subbing people.
    I understand what you meant. It's just funny how differently the different sides of the BJJ community see things-- that Osvaldo flying loop choke was definitely the unofficial 'move of the weekend' from pans, spreading virally around social media (I saw it like 6 times in 6 places).

Gambledub, do you think one could hit a loop choke from advanced rubber guard setups like meathook or gun show? I'm thinking something like a modified invisible collar, but with the hand grabbing deep inside the opponent's near collar instead of your own shin, and your legs in the 'crackhead' position? Seems like a cross collar choke might be there as well.