Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    My bad Valdez. LOL. I'm like that in everything. Always way to much info in my head always trying to get out.lol. I figure when I run on, people will stop reading when they get bored.lol.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    All I can say is that I'm not happy with the way TUF edits their show. I mean take last night for example. Brookins and Watson was the first fight on the show, however, they didn't actually fight first, because when Johnson and Brookins faced off, Brookins was still dripping with sweat and still had his gloves taped, and Johnson didn't have his taped.

And yeah, I saw the tape on Spencer's chin but I was unaware that Jeff punched him. I must have missed that. Dana has made comment before that he doesn't have say in how things get edited that he doesn't re-arrange things a certain way for show. I dunno if I believe that or not, but something is definitely screwy. I understand its a show and ratings are key but still, TUF is one of the most legitimate reality shows out there.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I don't know dude, you're gonna give yourself an ulcer worrying about this dumb shit. Most UFC fans are not into it for the technique and the skill. That's just the sad reality of it all. The UFC wasn't even profitable until they created TUF, I think that says a lot for the business model. Honestly, I think it's Dana's little secret to success. I'm more than 100% sure that he appreciates skillful fighters be he clearly knows that skill doesn't sell tickets, drama does.

The UFC world of MMA exists in two realities. The drama BS world of nonsense that most people eat up and the beauty of the art that most of us who train, enjoy. Focus on the latter of the two options everything else is just noise.

It kind of bugs me when people on MMA forums and even here, feel obligated to comment on the character of these fighters as if we will ever know these people. I'd rather leave that element of the game for the WWE fans, that's not what drew me to MMA.

Is Marc Stevens a jerk? I really don't care. He could have walked in as Hitler in black face and made a bunch of racist asian jokes towards Nam Phan and I wouldn't care. Conversely, I don't care about Nam. I enjoy watching skilled fighters, end of story. I'm kind let down that you yourself are getting caught up into all of this stuff but hey, you're young and older wiser people have done worse. It's normal to want to defend your couch but he's a big man, he can do it for himself. I say that with the utmost respect as I can't imagine how it would feel to see your good friend being smeared on national television.

Just train.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner MACHINE Gibbons View Post
    Nope, we didn't miss it.......it was removed. The hipe, the promo's , the build up would be forgotten. Must be thats what Dana was thinking or hopeing.lol

I wish I had a twitter account because I would bomb Dana White until he put out some kind of a reason for that brawl getting pulled. I told you why I think it was. I feel like UFC fans are started to get treated like dumbass wwe fan's by Dana. Not knocking the athletic ability of wwe guys or guility of there fans. Just the dumbass one's that think its real. I'm 12 and smart enough to watch a bunch of guys in a house being themselves and pick some favorite fighters. I don't need Dana or spike tv playing with editing to decide who they want me to like or disslike.....

Ok you said spill it, I'll spill what I know . The guys that most had a problem with were, Paige , Bruce Leroy and Nam Phan. Bruce Leroy came as close as anyone being themselves. Nam Phan was a sneaky little punk that no matter what he said, walked around like he was just a little better than everyone in the house. (that kinda came out in the season finale) but even than. they tried to spin it. Showing him going to work out all alone trying to make viewers feel sorry for him. All of us train with guys in a gym, I ask you, How big of a dick to you have to be that everyone.....and I mean EVERYONE leave you hanging training for your fight. Exactly !!!
    By fight time Red team and the remainder of the YELLOW team all would have paid money to see him get smashed. Want proof, go to Nam Phan on youtube and watch his interview. In a 12 minute interview , he spends about 9 minutes slaming my coach. Talking about how he was all fat, didn't want to train, just wanted to leave and go home to his girlfriend. Stuff he goes off on you tube about But I'm sure never said that to Marc's face. How do I know because Marc would have stomped that punk and got sent home. Just watch it he comes off looking like a-hole . I'm sure some of what he said was true in some way, but not in the way it was put forth by Nam. Fat ????? Even when Marc walks around at 180 he's far from fat. Maybe Nam's mad because he's the world smallest 155 pounder. Said he didn't want to train..... He didn't want to do a bunch of highschool wrestling drills, Marc knew thats not what would get him to finals. Guess he was right. And I'm sure he wanted to come home to his girlfriend. She is wicked cool, and everything was going wrong, I'm sure she was on his mind. We all saw why Nam wasn't worried about girlfriends....boyfriends....whatever. Anytime he felt lonely ....he just took a long long shower.lol.

I have talked about this before but its worth touching on again. Marc got ripped apart for getting the wild card pick. I'll recap what we saw on the show, than I'll tell you the truth. We saw what looked to be Marc all cocky like he expected wild card to go to no body but him. than when he lost it looked like he made excuses for weight cut for his loss. Dane running his mouth about getting ripped off. He deserved the spot.

Now the truth. Marc and Kos didn't get along, everything he hoped to get out of show, wasn't anything close to what he was getting. The months of hard training and lack of skilled coaching came to a head with the Cody fight. He blows it.....he knows he blows it big. see's no chance in hell of him getting wild card. He starts eating, breaks the 7 month weightcut. He knows Dane and English will get card. even if he's wrong figures Aaron or Saco will be up before him. It's not talked about,but just kinda everyone know's it's dane and English. 4 days before the wild card pick, they come to Marc and say, Dane thought he broke his nose doing his fight, He didn't...medical cleared him to fight , but he said it hurt to much and pulled out of wild card chance. So he was told he better be ready to make weight. He was 183 pounds.....did I mention it was 4 days until the fight.lol. He lost 28 pounds in 4 days. If it was filmed truthfully, people would have said. look at the balls and heart on this guy. 28 pounds is unheard of. But he did it , because thats what the show wanted, and he wanted to hold on to his dream. His reward was that only bits and pieces of what he said was used, to make it look like he was making excuses for his loss.

Ok what I know about the fight in the backyard. Spencer was drinking pretty much everynight in the house, acting like a dick. Marc stayed clear and to himself. They havn't liked each other for years. Part might be because 2 mma fighters in such a close area in a small city. One talks the talk.......one walks the walk. You can decide who is who.lol. Marc is willing to put his rep on the line for who the better fighter is and has offered to meet him in a match for years. As of yet Spencer has always refused. On one night Spencer was drunk, like other nights and started calling guys out in the house. "Nobody can knock me out...I've never been knocked out. Non of you bitch's can knock me out." I guess several guys wanted to flip a coin to see who would do it, but no one wanted to get kicked out. It was so bad that after several phone calls producers got the go ahead for the punch to be thrown, with no fear of getting kicked out. Jeff Lentz most have won the coin toss. Because he got to throw the punch. He knew what he was doing because as it was going down, it was said, he anounced he wasn't going to knock him out....he was going to break his jaw. He did !!!! In 3 Place's !!!!! Pretty exciting huh ???? Not exciting enough to make it on tv, wonder why ????? Must be Drunkin Loud Mouth didn't fit what ever plans Dana has in the future for him.
    I apologize for lengthening the thread and/or sounding like a dick but if this was written by a 12 year old then shorty needs to apply to MENSA...I smell sum' fishy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Roofliss View Post
    I apologize for lengthening the thread and/or sounding like a dick but if this was written by a 12 year old then shorty needs to apply to MENSA...I smell sum' fishy.
    Then you need to wash your lip, because I personally know Conner and he is a very cerebral for a 12 year old.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Roofliss.....many of the guys know me personaly on this forum, I am who I am, nothing fishy about it. Smart??? I guess so, not cocky about it, thats just what it is.In advanced class's for most everything in school. We can sit down and play a game of chess sometime if you want. I have been playing since I was 6. The last thing I every want to be accused of is being a troll....or worse someone I'm not. Maybe I'll lay off this forum I love if guys are feeling this way, and stick to the ones I use that I don't have to use my age.

AJ you made good since to me, I'll let it go. Thought about it....your right, I wouldn't care at all if It wasn't my coach and didn't know the guy. So why should anyone else care about my opinion on it. Its mine and mine alone.

Doesn't change the fact he's 1 of 2 awesome coaches' I have and I'm going to train with him now. Later.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Nah Conner, don't tap out on us You just keep training and kicking ass! We understand your position defending your coach. And we all know reality shows are far from "reality". Marc will get another shot, and then he can properly prepare, train, and show the world his true mettle.

Conner you have more intelligent things to say then 75 percent of the adults i know keep rocking it the way you do bro

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Then you need to wash your lip, because I personally know Conner and he is a very cerebral for a 12 year old.
    fair enough, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    It's awesome that you excel at chess. I played chess competitively when I was younger too (kindergarten to 5th grade) and once I started doing jiu jitsu I realized a lot of the same skills apply to both. In fact, being good at chess when you're younger gives you a serious advantage in life in general. The ability to think critically and plan ahead and flesh out your opponent's strategy... all great life skills. Congrats. I seriously regret not continuing with chess beyond lower school, it's something I would do over in a second, despite the "nerd" status you are pegged with, but you can be a nerd who can whoop a jock's ass, so stick with it my man! In sum, chess breeds intelligence at a young age.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast