Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu

TUF 12 What You See Isn't Always What You Get !!!

Ok most guys on this forum know me , So they know that my coach Marc Stevens was on this season of the ultimate fighter. I won't go over AGAIN how dissappointed I was with the way they edited him to be a nuthugging MiniKos. I still say he was one of the most talented guys in the house. If he had been with GSP I think he would have been there in the finals. I have said befor, Marc had trained for seven months straight for fights that fell threw. When TUF came along he was burned out and a train wreck waiting to happen....but who could pass it up. At least the show Wednesday you got to see his true feelings about the coaching he receaved for the biggest oppertunity in his life. A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. The tension between them was like that right of the start. He went to Kos and said I've been cutting weight for seven months, your conditioning drills don't work for me, I just need to keep my technique sharp and keep it togeather for 6 more weeks. But to bad for my coach, conditioning drills was all Kos had in his bag of tricks. Hard work pays off.....maybe. But hard work on a guy who's been working hard for 7 months and keeping weight off for the same amount of time.....doesn't pay off. It destroys !!! Marc walks around at 180 pounds, who could perform at there best cutting to 155 pretty much for seven months straight. Not many.

But not really what I wanted to talk about. What I wanted to talk about is what happened to the backyard fight that they teazed all season. Again more editing trickery ?? No there really was a fight, why did Dana decide to axe it out of the show. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe Eddie could listin in around the office and fine out for us.lol.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? First half of the season on the promos. We see Spencer Paige getting his face smashed in, in the back yard. He runs a school across town from ours. It happened .....trust me. He came home with his jaw wired shut. Broke it in 3 place's.

So I wonder why, they decided to cut it. I have a guess. Remember you saw it here first.lol. I know that Spencer was made to look llike a nice small town humble guy. I'm not sure that really fits his personality from what I know. I know Marc and him don't get along....at all.lol. His school once blackballed me from a jiu jitsu tourny they put on and Marc flipped out. He felt they did it because they didn't want me comming in and spanking all there kids at there own tournament.....bad for buisness.lol. My point this season taught me, don't beleave everything you see. If they can make my cool coach Marc look like a dick, and Spencer look like quiet humble guy, and not a loud mouth drunk guy, that gets his face bashed in....anything is possible in TV land.lol.

My prediction. Spencer and Nam get a fight in the near future. Dana thought it would go over better as 2 nice guys going at it, They already had the bad guy all set up with Marc, so they needed to make sure the tape of Specers true self never got out. So it didn't. Just my thoughts.

Does anyone else feel like that got ripped off because they never showed the backyard brawl, that they hiped all season.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    Interesting post, like to hear more about it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Spill it Machine!

Yeah bro I know exactly what you're talking about, I saw that on the first promo and was really looking forward to seeing it especially since it looked pretty full on, Spencer gets it right in the jaw and his eyes roll back and everything. I've been watching every episode looking forward to seeing that bit and when I realised they weren't going to show it that fucking pissed me off, I thought maybe I had just missed it some how but I guess not aye.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    the show is still good but ya they have to have some drama or the mass of dumb ufc fans that keep the sport alive wouldn't buy it. i don't know why they wouldn't show a fight that happened, but i could see why they make people look like assholes to sell it. imagine if they had a show that was full of guys like fedor or GSP that just put in work and where polite all the time then only a couple of mma junkies would watch it.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center

Straight up and down

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Nope, we didn't miss it.......it was removed. The hipe, the promo's , the build up would be forgotten. Must be thats what Dana was thinking or hopeing.lol

I wish I had a twitter account because I would bomb Dana White until he put out some kind of a reason for that brawl getting pulled. I told you why I think it was. I feel like UFC fans are started to get treated like dumbass wwe fan's by Dana. Not knocking the athletic ability of wwe guys or guility of there fans. Just the dumbass one's that think its real. I'm 12 and smart enough to watch a bunch of guys in a house being themselves and pick some favorite fighters. I don't need Dana or spike tv playing with editing to decide who they want me to like or disslike.....

Ok you said spill it, I'll spill what I know . The guys that most had a problem with were, Paige , Bruce Leroy and Nam Phan. Bruce Leroy came as close as anyone being themselves. Nam Phan was a sneaky little punk that no matter what he said, walked around like he was just a little better than everyone in the house. (that kinda came out in the season finale) but even than. they tried to spin it. Showing him going to work out all alone trying to make viewers feel sorry for him. All of us train with guys in a gym, I ask you, How big of a dick to you have to be that everyone.....and I mean EVERYONE leave you hanging training for your fight. Exactly !!!
    By fight time Red team and the remainder of the YELLOW team all would have paid money to see him get smashed. Want proof, go to Nam Phan on youtube and watch his interview. In a 12 minute interview , he spends about 9 minutes slaming my coach. Talking about how he was all fat, didn't want to train, just wanted to leave and go home to his girlfriend. Stuff he goes off on you tube about But I'm sure never said that to Marc's face. How do I know because Marc would have stomped that punk and got sent home. Just watch it he comes off looking like a-hole . I'm sure some of what he said was true in some way, but not in the way it was put forth by Nam. Fat ????? Even when Marc walks around at 180 he's far from fat. Maybe Nam's mad because he's the world smallest 155 pounder. Said he didn't want to train..... He didn't want to do a bunch of highschool wrestling drills, Marc knew thats not what would get him to finals. Guess he was right. And I'm sure he wanted to come home to his girlfriend. She is wicked cool, and everything was going wrong, I'm sure she was on his mind. We all saw why Nam wasn't worried about girlfriends....boyfriends....whatever. Anytime he felt lonely ....he just took a long long shower.lol.

I have talked about this before but its worth touching on again. Marc got ripped apart for getting the wild card pick. I'll recap what we saw on the show, than I'll tell you the truth. We saw what looked to be Marc all cocky like he expected wild card to go to no body but him. than when he lost it looked like he made excuses for weight cut for his loss. Dane running his mouth about getting ripped off. He deserved the spot.

Now the truth. Marc and Kos didn't get along, everything he hoped to get out of show, wasn't anything close to what he was getting. The months of hard training and lack of skilled coaching came to a head with the Cody fight. He blows it.....he knows he blows it big. see's no chance in hell of him getting wild card. He starts eating, breaks the 7 month weightcut. He knows Dane and English will get card. even if he's wrong figures Aaron or Saco will be up before him. It's not talked about,but just kinda everyone know's it's dane and English. 4 days before the wild card pick, they come to Marc and say, Dane thought he broke his nose doing his fight, He didn't...medical cleared him to fight , but he said it hurt to much and pulled out of wild card chance. So he was told he better be ready to make weight. He was 183 pounds.....did I mention it was 4 days until the fight.lol. He lost 28 pounds in 4 days. If it was filmed truthfully, people would have said. look at the balls and heart on this guy. 28 pounds is unheard of. But he did it , because thats what the show wanted, and he wanted to hold on to his dream. His reward was that only bits and pieces of what he said was used, to make it look like he was making excuses for his loss.

Ok what I know about the fight in the backyard. Spencer was drinking pretty much everynight in the house, acting like a dick. Marc stayed clear and to himself. They havn't liked each other for years. Part might be because 2 mma fighters in such a close area in a small city. One talks the talk.......one walks the walk. You can decide who is who.lol. Marc is willing to put his rep on the line for who the better fighter is and has offered to meet him in a match for years. As of yet Spencer has always refused. On one night Spencer was drunk, like other nights and started calling guys out in the house. "Nobody can knock me out...I've never been knocked out. Non of you bitch's can knock me out." I guess several guys wanted to flip a coin to see who would do it, but no one wanted to get kicked out. It was so bad that after several phone calls producers got the go ahead for the punch to be thrown, with no fear of getting kicked out. Jeff Lentz most have won the coin toss. Because he got to throw the punch. He knew what he was doing because as it was going down, it was said, he anounced he wasn't going to knock him out....he was going to break his jaw. He did !!!! In 3 Place's !!!!! Pretty exciting huh ???? Not exciting enough to make it on tv, wonder why ????? Must be Drunkin Loud Mouth didn't fit what ever plans Dana has in the future for him.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    concentrate on smaller post machine

Array

School
    Rōnin
    well thats the reason they can't give him permission to knock someone out then show it on TV they should have shown Dana giving him shit after even tho it wouldn't be for real.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    My bad about my post up there. I guess it applies to any situation, but I thought I was in the Wu Tang Thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast