Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym

A little pop here and there followed by myself getting choked in bottom half.

Lost the match but not the lesson. I had a few good attacks but only straight ankles allowed at blue belt under the IBJJF rules. Most fun I've ever had in a match, Lots of mistakes to dissect and troubleshoot for next time.

It was also cool of the guy to ask could I show him the ashi-switch I pulled off a few times and I showed him DOA as an option if they sit on the foot that was on the hip from ashi and he went on to win the final with that switch, followed by the straight ankle from DOA. I was also interviewed by Lydia from MMAconnectTV and got to flash a 10 at the end. Was put on the spot and didn't do fantastic on camera but I'll share when it's up, haha!

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    Nice leg lock work! Your ashi switch is smooth and fast.

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    That trip from the russian tie at 1:43 was beautiful!

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    That trip from the russian tie at 1:43 was beautiful!
    Thank you, man. I think that's my first takedown in comp too, I'm usually too comfortable with rolling for a leg or sitting on my ass but I've been working so much of the Russian Tie the last few months and won't teach a class without at least 1 or 2 options from it.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wilhelm View Post
    Nice leg lock work! Your ashi switch is smooth and fast.
    That leg lock pummel was first shown to me at a white belt comp nearly 3 years ago by a purple belt called Denis but Orchard had some finer details on it recently during 1 of the live facebook seminars to make it smoother. Dudes a beast.