Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Academia BJJ
    Yea definitely sweep from that position, If you already have the ashi and they stand you're still in a great position. I took a seminar from Eddie and then Garry also, plus I put on the match between Cocco and Gordon; all these guys aren't going to abandon the position once they achieve it, unless necessary. Focus in on the sweeps from this position, don't bother trying to attack the heel once the foot is planted. Sweep, trap the foot between you and the ground, use the Eddie Cummings dig and heel hook that fool!

Check out the match with Gordon and Cocco he swept from the position a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MfCQ7quSzs

Array

School
    cobra kai
    i've got another leg lock question. in the leg lock MTS episode, eddie says that the spladle is better than ashi garami. When i get to the spladle (is that how you spell it?), sometimes a taller guy grab is able to grab my head and stall out. with ashi garami, i can control the distance better, but then guys are fucking with my foot on the hip and hopping over it. it's definitely a battle when i'm in the spladle position like eddie says, but are there any other tips and tricks that aren't covered in the MTS episode??

Quote Originally Posted by ml82 View Post
    i've got another leg lock question. in the leg lock MTS episode, eddie says that the spladle is better than ashi garami. When i get to the spladle (is that how you spell it?), sometimes a taller guy grab is able to grab my head and stall out. with ashi garami, i can control the distance better, but then guys are fucking with my foot on the hip and hopping over it. it's definitely a battle when i'm in the spladle position like eddie says, but are there any other tips and tricks that aren't covered in the MTS episode??
    The saddle? Or spladle?

Array

School
    RMNU / flowhouse bjj
    not sure i understood right, but it sounds like a perfect setup setup for single x sweep.

what's going on with the other leg of your opponent?
    can you reach under it with your arm (underhook and get deep, place it closer to your neck)...?

if so, then the sweep pretty much happens from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rux8Qf9eskE

here, around 00:30, MG is in a perfect footlock position, so adjustment from outside ashi is just bringing the the right leg under the opponents leg that is standing up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12