Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    cobra kai

leg lock question (double outside ashi)

so i got to double outside ashi, but then my partner planted his foot with his knee up. i tried to get him to fall onto his butt, which i eventually did (not sure how) but is there a quicker way to do this?

should i just go back to shin on shin if he does this again?

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    If they start to build a base, make sure both of your arms are behind his arm (same side arm as the leg you're attacking) and use your legs and arms in a swinging motion towards his head to send him off balance and you can start attacking from the reap side of DOA again OR keep his knee bent, controlling the heel and turn it to the side to set up a kneebar. Does that make sense?

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Switch to a waiter sweep.

Array

School
    KHK MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by ml82 View Post
    so i got to double outside ashi, but then my partner planted his foot with his knee up. i tried to get him to fall onto his butt, which i eventually did (not sure how) but is there a quicker way to do this?

should i just go back to shin on shin if he does this again?
    Not sure if I understood correctly, but sounds like you are going for that Cummings blast, but opponent builds a base? If so, what I usually do is to cross legs like when you're defending in 50/50, so I can get extra power to "stomp" down the foot and bring the opponent down, also under-hooking his leg to bring to 50/50.

Array

School
    cobra kai
    sometimes the solution is so simple... thanks!

I think what you 10p folks call the Cummings blast might be helpful. This is a great match to watch Cummings do it, and his entrances under pressure against someone trying to stand against ashi and outside ashi in general.

Array

School
    cobra kai
    great video, thanks for posting. i wonder how current eddie would have dealt with this match.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Eddie submitted Enrico with an inside heal hook at EBI not long after that.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Quote Originally Posted by ml82 View Post
    great video, thanks for posting. i wonder how current eddie would have dealt with this match.
    As Pat said Eddie ended up finishing Cocco with a heel hook at EBI 3 not that long after this match. And his training partner and Garry Tonon's first black belt, Gordon Ryan, also just heel hooked Enrico Cocco earlier this month. Same position. Cummings and Ryan both finished with the inside heel hook from the honey hole.

But Cocco is a tough match for anyone and I'd like to see a 3rd match with he and Cummings.

Array

School
    cobra kai
    ah, i didn't realize their ebi match was soon after. i've just heard cummings say that his leg lock game has changed quite a lot in the past year or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast