Array

School
    Gracie Palm Harbor (purple in regular BJJ)

An enthusiastic burst of words

I'm a 45 year old blue belt at a predominately no-gi school. Just got the old rubber guard book and a subscription to the site about 2 weeks ago and this post kind of got away from me but really just wanted to say I've been loving it. I'm definitely on the retarded side of the "retard/prodigy" scale as far as picking up new stuff but the nomenclature and system here just click like crazy for me. The stuff works really well with what our school teaches also which has made it pretty easy to work in.

This is where I'm at so far:

Lockdown -> Whipup -> OldSchool or Electric Chair
    Just started working the electric chair in today and caught it twice in a row. I have never been so goddamn happy. These two things combo so well off each other it feels like nothing else is needed right now but I'm sure I'll get shut down once I try it out on some higher level opponents and then start working farther down the chart.

In rubber guard, I'm catching a ton of Free NY as guys just don't know. From here I can get to Chill Dog and Invisible Collar and after that generally good things happen but its not very structured and this is my next area to start studying. I dearly want to start dropping Gogo and Loco platas but haven't yet.

I also get stuck in NJ a lot and have been using Kung Fu move to great effect at that point, ended up in Jiu Claw but pretty much transitioning back into stuff I already know instead of going 10pjj at this point. That's next after Invis Collar for studying.

Really trying to line up a regular partner to run the drills with also. Had one lined up but of course he got injured.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Nice job picking up on that stuff. The gym I train at up in CT is tight with all of the Gracie Tampa affiliates. Definitely a very solid no gi group.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Nice of you. Keep it up. I can get to mission control easy, but because my right hip isn't as loose as my left, I can't really get it on for full control. So I try either dead orchard or meat hook to triangle. Still working on the hip. For lockdown, yes, old school or electric chair works fantastic. Once or twice, I've actually gotten vaporizer. The truck though, is what I always go for. And when on top, samurai roll is the first thing that comes to mind. Well done to you nailing rubber at 45.

Array

School
    Gracie Palm Harbor (purple in regular BJJ)
    Hey Pat small world, that's awesome, I know Rob does a lot of stuff up in that area. Hit me up on here if you're ever in the area and want to train.

Ladi that's really cool man, I checked out meathook at the same time as KungFu Move but I got confused and its on my list to go back to haha. Definitely want to get into going for the truck down the road too, seeing Geo's truck vid was one of my first exposures to 10pjj.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Welcome aboard
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie