Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin

Defending the Twister Pass

I need help currently with defending the twister pass (they call it the hip across pass on my gym). Anyhow my electric chair dogfight game has been getting so good at my gym that everyone is giving me their backs and preventing the lockdown. What do I do from here. I have tried undercooking and rolling and it works sometimes, I have also tried grabbing towards the head and rolling. Any other options? Thanks you for the help in advance.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Hip bump to top half is golden, Hip bump to the back is goldener.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Goldenerness confirmation post
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Ronin
    Thank you so much for the answer! However, this will reveal my ignorance but I am not sure how I would hit a hip bump from this position. If you could explain/clarify that would be helpful.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby.nemeth View Post
    Thank you so much for the answer! However, this will reveal my ignorance but I am not sure how I would hit a hip bump from this position. If you could explain/clarify that would be helpful.
    Yeah I'm lost too. The only hip bump i know is from full guard?

I don't know much about jiu jitsu but if guys are going into twister side on me but they dont have a truck game, I'm going to try to get on my right side and get a knee in.
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 09-02-2016 at 07:12 PM.

I need help currently with defending the twister pass (they call it the hip across pass on my gym). Anyhow my electric chair dogfight game has been getting so good at my gym that everyone is giving me their backs and preventing the lockdown. What do I do from here. I have tried undercooking and rolling and it works sometimes, I have also tried grabbing towards the head and rolling. Any other options? Thanks you for the help in advance.
    Try to insert a butterfly hook to his top leg. there's a few options with your hands, but I first try to get a grip or shallow overlook on my opponents exposed (top) elbow, and with the other hand cross face his neck or chin. Then elevate with the butterfly hook toward your head as you scoot your hips out and take his back. Hard to explain exactly, but really concentrate on getting that butterfly hook and you can play with the position. The big no-no is to avoid getting your arms too deep or else you can get kimura'd if your opponent is looking for it.

I believe the best defense to the twister pass is stop it before it even begins...don't ever let someone get to that position to begin with. When someone has settled into the twister pass...they are at the 70 yard line of passing your guard at minimum and i feel like im being conservative with that estimate.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    It's a little tougher and requires mad timing using the momentum as they sit into the twister pass but I've had success doing the shaolin sweep, using my underhook hand to cup their cross-facing elbow, catching them in quarter guard, using my other hand to cup their closer knee, and doing a granby roll essentially. Easier in the gi from my experience with the grips.
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 09-09-2016 at 06:50 AM.

Octopus guard! This is my go to whenever they turn away, or if I can make them turn away, or if I can get under the arm, or pretty much anytime I can force it.

Hiesmann like stiffarm but maintain lockdown, when they are turned away sit up then drape your near arm over the back of their neck to keep the head down, grab the shoulder, lat arm whatever with that same arm to keep you glued to them and bam you are in octopus.
    Last edited by Kevin Gibbs; 09-14-2016 at 12:43 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    If they don't have their elbow on the mat and in your armpit (like they should) you can sometimes hit an arm triangle going under their near side arm, then bridge if you want, work to the back etc. If their arm/elbow is on the mat and in your armpit tight, when they turn to face your feet you can sometimes hit a face/neck crank and bridge for a sweep. Go to 1:22 in this video, just try not to land in full guard like I did, lol. - https://www.facebook.com/SolicitHipH...type=2&theater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast