Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac Wilson View Post
    My first two matches were dogshit. I blew it. It was like I forgot half my moves. By the third one I was calmed down enough to play the game a little. I wish I could have done warm up rolls before my matches. I just went in there cold.
    That's a common experience. You typically only remember one-third of your moves when you first start competing. That one-third represents the moves that you really know. The other moves, you don't know as well as you thought you did. Even more advanced competitors don't remember every technique.

You probably were flexing every muscle in your body while you were out there too - which made you way more tired than you normally would be. As you gain more experience, you will find that you will become more energy efficient. A solid workout the morning of the tournament can help you relax and make it easier to warm up when it is time to compete.

The important thing is that you went and tested yourself. Most people never do. So congrats on that.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by scottross View Post
    That's a common experience. You typically only remember one-third of your moves when you first start competing. That one-third represents the moves that you really know. The other moves, you don't know as well as you thought you did. Even more advanced competitors don't remember every technique.

You probably were flexing every muscle in your body while you were out there too - which made you way more tired than you normally would be. As you gain more experience, you will find that you will become more energy efficient. A solid workout the morning of the tournament can help you relax and make it easier to warm up when it is time to compete.

The important thing is that you went and tested yourself. Most people never do. So congrats on that.
    I'll be getting back out there again. I loved it and I can do better than that. next time I'll go in 15 pounds lighter too. 186lbs is too heavy for a 5'6" grappler even though I have a lot of muscle. i'll just have to sacrifice some muscle mass. I think I'd rather do a sub only event though. going into naga I was afraid of fighting a really tall guy or a wrestler getting points on me and just riding the clock out on me. both happened. one guy was 6'5"! and the other got points on me and clamped onto me and was stuck like glue. hopfully next time I don't look like a turd out there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Zac as long as you were out there looking for the sub--that is really what matters---I would hate to win based on getting to a position and holding it for 6min. Blah!
    Visit http://www.fightchix.com get 15% off with 10P4LIFE

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by fightchixJake View Post
    Zac as long as you were out there looking for the sub--that is really what matters---I would hate to win based on getting to a position and holding it for 6min. Blah!
    I did not want to win by points. I wanted to win by sub. I'm not sure I like that points tourney that much. I think I would enjoy a sub only tourney more. I don't like to be held down for time. and my sweeps from bottom aren't that good yet. I dont mind being on my back though, I actually like that better I think, but when theres nothing to work with and youre just laying there with someone on your chest and they aint working and just clamped on for the ride and you cant get a sweep, it sucks. I feel like in a sub only your opponent would be more active and thered be more chances at catching a sub.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123