Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee!!!

how did he die

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    idk i have many theories on how bruce dies...its a shame that we will never know for sure

Array

School
    Falon Combat Sports, 10th Planet St Paul
    Hopefully John Roderick will post here. I know he is quite knowledgeable on the subject of Bruce and JKD. Now I could be wrong, but Bruce Lee would more likely be a lightweight, possibly even a featherweight. And to my understanding...he would have no problem keeping the fight standing.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    He did quite a bit of boxing in high school...he believed heavily in cross-training and believed all MA's had some merit. He studied striking, the clinch and had a judo and wrestling ground game. So from a learned standpoint one could argue he had MMA game.

It's funny, now that MMA is here mma guys get all elitist and scoff at all eastern martial arts without ever having studied them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix and Fabio Santos BJJ (Team Monstro)
    the most accepted theory to how he died is an allergic reaction to asprin

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    He got poisoned by the mafia over money or MA schools etc...

Array

School
    Great White BJJ-Wausau Wi
    Bruce Lee's biggest contribution was open mindedness and cross training in an era when this was unheard of. Truth,functionality,and freedom of expression were the primary things to him. I come from the Paul Vunak offshoot of JKD,and I'm proud of what JKD has accomplished,as well as embarassed by the politics,backstabbing,and "traditioonal" JKD dogma that has arrived. We have that in common with Jiu Jitsu!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    i think bruce's wife was paid to kill him...sounds crazy but thats my opinion

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Bruce never reached his peak. Def the most influential martial artist of all time. In his weight class he was hands down the best. Death was due to hypersensativity to a prescription migraine med. he borrowed from a friend. At the time of autopsy, his brain was 4 times the normal size. It was basically swelling until it crushed itself against the inside of the skull. He fell into a coma and died. The headaches were due to lack of nutrition and rest. He was working 20 hr days and was basically on a liquid diet. He had planned on taking a break but never had the chance.

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Bruce Lee was a martial arts genius and a true philosopher. He was the first to learn multiple styles, break down what was useful in those styles, them incorporate all those styles into his game. And Nelson is correct....he never even reached his peak. I can say one thing for sure....if he was alive today...I would be his student!

I often compare Bruce with Eddie....not their skill level, but the way they teach/taught, and how they both changed the way people look at their "traditional" martial art. Eddie has the same philosophy of learning multiple styles, then incorporating what works in his game, the same way Bruce did.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast