Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Not 10th Planet :-(

Learning 10th Planet techniques without a 10th Planet gym?

Hello Nibiru

I was just wondering if it's possible to learn 10th Planet theory without an actual 10th Planet gym? I train at a regular BJJ gym with drills/rolling.

Also, is the Advanced Rubber Guard book good for beginners to the 10th Planet system?

it is very possible. It worked out great for me because my instructor is super chill and wants me to explore my game. We even go over mts together. All you really need is somebody to practice with. It's very hard to get reps in during live, so you do need a partner. Sadly, all the 10p techniques you practice will have to be on your own time, but If you practice and really dedicate yourself to the system, you will find how much your game has improved. As far as the books go, either or. Personally, having read both, I prefer the Advanced one. Really, the Advanced RG book is all the rg fundamentals and lockdown and all that good good, plus MORE! Hope this helps

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    I started out learning from the interwebs.... and I was able to hit a lot of it on higher belts.. However, I realized when training with Eddie that I had a lot of basic errors in my positioning....
    So yes.. you can learn it but it is always easier to master with a good instructor behind you.

If you arent advanced..... Id say stay away from the book with "advanced" in the title. Mastering Rubber Guard book and Mastering the Twister DVD are where Id start.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Ash View Post
    I started out learning from the interwebs.... and I was able to hit a lot of it on higher belts.. However, I realized when training with Eddie that I had a lot of basic errors in my positioning....
    So yes.. you can learn it but it is always easier to master with a good instructor behind you.

If you arent advanced..... Id say stay away from the book with "advanced" in the title. Mastering Rubber Guard book and Mastering the Twister DVD are where Id start.
    I said the same thing in another thread, but Brian Debes informed me that Advanced has everything from MTRG in it too, and MTRG isn't even in print anymore.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Ash View Post
    I think this is a common theme you will hear from most people here.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Yes, you can. But miss the details. Same thing here. That's why we kidnapped Pat Campagnola, brought him to Connecticut, and made him start a 10th Planet over here. True story.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by STJ View Post
    Hello Nibiru

I was just wondering if it's possible to learn 10th Planet theory without an actual 10th Planet gym? I train at a regular BJJ gym with drills/rolling.

Also, is the Advanced Rubber Guard book good for beginners to the 10th Planet system?
    I do it. and I make trips to train at a 10P 2.5 hrs away. I go as often as I can. I also used to have training partners near me but I haven't heard from them in like 2 months. So I do what I can on my own with MTS and get to 10P every chance I get to train. at least every other week. more if I can. so, yeah man. it can definatly be done. just takes longer. (for me anyways)

Array

School
    HQ
    Definitely possible. I drilled my Rubber Guard off of what I read in a Jiujitsu magazine before Eddie moved over to the Tapout gym. I remember him telling me that it looked alright.

Get obsessed with the moves and just use them in your rolls.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Get all the books bit start with warm ups first and get them down on lock then work your way onto the books. Ask 10000 questions and watch MTS as much as you can!!
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    A whole lot of guys who are now upper ranks in 10p started out like you and made it happen. Finding a way to get occasional in person training from a 10p instructor would help accelerate the process for you tremendously.

Like Jay said, advanced mastering the rubber guard has the newest versions of ask the same stuff as the other one and the other is out of print and costs way more than it did new to get one used. Not worth it, jump to advanced rubber guard book. Both are super amazing, that first book is how I got the base for my rubber guard and I still do tons of things I learned from it today. Those things are in the new book too though. MTS is also an incredible resource.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast