Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold at NAGA

Array

School
    10th Planet London

Gold at NAGA

Hey peeps.

NAGA UK went down this weekend, I got gold in my division.

It was only 3 of us, and they've bumped me up to masters, but I think I had a decent match, with a dead orchard with 20 seconds to go and down on points, so that was good.

I did try to use things I learnt from Boogie and Geo at the Freak Bros seminar at 10p London a couple of weeks ago, namely the scissor leg takedown and the carni, with limited success, and when I kept digging and digging after a gogoplata, my corner shouted in 3 voices at the same time "dead orchard is right there", and indeed it was.

Tell me what you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzK3765O-fA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PzK3765O-fA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Beautiful finish!

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon/Ronin
    good job!

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Thought you had him with that gogo... was close!

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Thought you had him with that gogo... was close!
    Yeah, I thought as well. I first thought I would have been able to tap him from that gogoclinch on its own, but he proved to be quite strong. When I finally got the gogo under the chin, we were both getting sweaty and he was able to escape.

To his credit, he did get me in a very tight d'arce right at the beginning though.

Array

School
    Academia BJJ
    Very nice man!

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Very nice. But you could've got the carni if you kicked his left base leg from behind the calf/soleus with your right leg at 2:11. I also see a kind of straight jacket happening at about same time if you had used your right hand to pull down and sideways his left hand that he was defending with, and then stick your right shin under that left arm of his. I did notice the tight d'arce but great heart you fought through. Kudos man!!

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladi The African Tiger View Post
    Very nice. But you could've got the carni if you kicked his left base leg from behind the calf/soleus with your right leg at 2:11. I also see a kind of straight jacket happening at about same time if you had used your right hand to pull down and sideways his left hand that he was defending with, and then stick your right shin under that left arm of his. I did notice the tight d'arce but great heart you fought through. Kudos man!!
    You're absolutely right, I was a bit obsessed with the gogoplata. Even the dead orchard, I only went for it because my amazing corner called it out. I did try to get the straight jacket, I eventually got my foot under his armpit, but wasn't hugging the knee at all and he pulled out.

It's good to have a longer match on video, lots of stuff to study and errors to recognise. Appreciate the analysis a lot

Array

School
    10th Planet Darlington
    Awesome, well done

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Logeoplata was right there as well. Good show!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast